Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Rick and Morty’ May Not Return Until 2019

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

On a recent podcast, voice actor Ryan Ridley announced that Rick and Morty may not come back until 2019. Polygon summarizes:

Ridley pointed out that the script for Rick and Morty’s third season was finished in November 2016, about eight months before the show returned to Adult Swim. Since then, however, he hasn’t worked on it and is adamant that other writers haven’t either.

Creator of the show, Dan Harmon, was also recently called out by former Community writer Megan Ganz for workplace misconduct:

In turn, Ganz implied some form of workplace harassment, writing that it took her “years to believe in my talents again, to trust a boss when he complimented me and not cringe when he asked for my number.”

2. Probably not a bad thing for this show to try and distance itself from the absurdity that surrounded it last year tbh

3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Can't imagine this is a surprise for most fans

Raku and Turkeylegz like this.
  4. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

I'm pretty ignorant to all the behind the scenes stuff with this show. Not intentionally, just never dove into it. I watched the show and liked it, so I was wondering if you could elaborate on the toxicity of the culture of this show.

Thanks!

5. ianzandi

Regular

Both shows are great but the fans are largely terrible people. Meme troll culture has ruined watching R&M for me.

suicidesaints and Raku like this.
  6. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Szechuan Sauce Fiasco 2.0

Raku likes this.
  7. Sander

kflkmflkm

i feel like more energy was spent on criticising the fans than the fans spent on being shitty.

Jonathan, emeryk3 and cosmickid like this.
  8. zachmacD

Trusted

What happened to community? I stopped watching after Donald Glover left I think

Raku likes this.
  9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Plenty of pickle rick shirts to be sold, had a big hiatus last season break too.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They had one more (great) season after the one where he left and ended on their own terms. Highly recommend finishing.

Not at all surprised that R&M is taking a break, they always take their time with the show. I still love it, not letting morons on the internet ruin that for me (and I'd bet they tackle that somehow next season)

11. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

That's a stupid reason to put you off a 'great' show.

suicidesaints and Jonathan like this.
  12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Really wish Dan Harmon would just go away forever.

Raku, Aaron Mook and Contender like this.
  13. Ska Senanake

Trusted

It lived, it died, it lived again! Then died. And now we are all praying for the movie with Donald being involved.

Raku likes this.
  14. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I don't, he makes fantastic television.

Jonathan likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So does anyone know what he did, or is that still unclear?

Also this show is great, but the fans definitely ruin it for me. I'm glad it's taking a break but I'm gonna be very excited for its return.

16. personalmaps

He also has a habit of being a raging, abusive, alcoholic misogynist. Fuck his TV shows.

suicidesaints, Raku and Aaron Mook like this.
  17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Raku likes this.
  18. personalmaps Jan 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2018)
    personalmaps

19. TheFrontBortles

The perception of harmon as a progressive writer always baffled me. He does occasionally have moments of lucidity, but he surrounds that with a ton of toxicness. IMO being occasionally "woke" doesn't cancel out all the shitty things you continue to do.

I guess people look to latch onto any reason to like him though, because his shows are really good and they want to avoid cognitive dissonance.

20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Dan seems to have changed a lot as a guy since he went through his divorce. too bad he was shitty for... everything prior. i definitely can side with those who don't think he's deserving of continued successes. abuse is abuse.

Raku and ianzandi like this.
  21. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

lol bye

Raku likes this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

I read the A**hole of the year twitter thread he had with his former employee and I'm surprised that didn't urn into anything more. Is that because of the type(quality) of following he has?

23. zachmacD

Trusted

Ok cool. Thanks for the response! On a side note, I'm really happy to see DG doing so well. I'm happy him leaving the show ended up being a good move for him

tdlyon likes this.
  24. ianzandi

Regular

Agreed. The “yahoo season” is superb.

tdlyon likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

What has Justin Rowland said/done