Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Rick and Morty’ Gets Renewed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Rick and Morty has been given a 70-episode renewal:

A Rick and Morty renewal was given, but the extent of this new pact is quite unexpected. Should Roiland and Harmon maintain anything close to their current production schedule, this will keep the show on the air for as long as another decade.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

As if there was even a question it would get renewed, but dang – 70 episodes shows the network has extreme faith in this series and the fans.

3. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Never watched this show because I cannot stand its fan base

Raku, MrAirplane and Furman like this.
  4. Turkeylegz

Trusted

If you can put it out of your head it's worth a watch. Some of the fanbase makes me embarrassed to tell people I like the show though.

5. Davjs

Trusted

Terrible fans or not, I wouldn't dream of letting that deprive me of this amazing show. There's a reason its so big.

6. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

Happy about this...i guess? 70 episodes is a lot of time for it to get old or screw up majorly

Raku and Turkeylegz like this.
  7. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I am worried that there will be a lessening of quality after a bit. I know there is not a set timeline on them but I think Harmon and Roiland releasing seasons on their terms has helped the show a lot. We'll see.

Davjs and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  8. Iamhollywood315

Regular

same here. the minute I heard about riots at McDaddies over the stupid Szechuan sauce I had enough internet for that day.

Raku and shawnhyphenray like this.
  9. Fox83

Trusted

I'm pretty sure the R&M writers feel the same way.

Raku, edquin, bd007h and 1 other person like this.
  10. brothemighty

Trusted

Cool :) People I know were worried it wouldn't get renewed and would need to find other work. It's been a long wait for them

Turkeylegz and Davjs like this.
  11. Ska Senanake

Trusted

U r missing out

Helloelloallo and bd007h like this.
  12. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Don't let the loud minority of shitty fans ruin such a great show for you.

Fox83 likes this.
  13. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I wish this was Brooklyn 9-9 news. That’s the show that needs 70 more episodes.

14. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I liked Rick and Morty before the fanbase was discovered to be toxic. I have indie cred I think.

Jonathan and Butinsmallsteps like this.
  15. edquin

Same reason I rarely come to this site but If I let fans dictate the way I lived my life I would never have listened to any music ever

Jonathan and shawnhyphenray like this.
  16. edquin

That's not a fair one though, any time you have a bunch of idiots gathering together and waiting in line for like 10 hours and you tell them they were there for no reason, doesn't matter what they are there for like an iPhone or xbox they will lose their shit.

17. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Definitely getting schwifty in celebration of this news.

Davjs likes this.
  18. The Format

Regular

They need to do a series of Char and Ity.

smowashere likes this.
  19. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

that's a hell of a contract/commitment that i'm surprised either party feels quite comfortable with. a lot can change over that length, at least compared to their current output

Raku likes this.
  20. The Format

Regular

Look at the Office. first 4 or 5 seasons were great (perfect?). Got bad at the end.

Raku likes this.
  21. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

My gf and I only just started watching this show this week. I was in the same boat in terms of not wanting to get into it because of the fan-base, but I've gotta admit, it's pretty genius haha

Jonathan, Turkeylegz and bd007h like this.
  22. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

That's a very big commitment there. I'm imaging this will be over the next 5 or so years at least.

Raku likes this.
  23. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

It's a good show, but I still think Bojack Horseman is smarter/funnier. If you haven't already, definitely check it out on Netflix.

RobJGolde and Turkeylegz like this.
  24. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

It's funny you mention that because a friend of mine told me the exact same thing on Saturday. He said Bojack starts off a little slow, like it takes a couple of episodes for the humor to really click, but once it does it's incredible.

Jonathan and Turkeylegz like this.
  25. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

He's right on the money, but it's worth it.