Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Ren & Stimpy’ Being Rebooted

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Variety:

Comedy Central announced Wednesday that it has ordered a revival of the ’90s animated series. The move comes amid a significant push into adult animation at ViacomCBS’ entertainment and youth group, which comprises most of the company’s cable brands and is headed by Chris McCarthy. The unit also on Wednesday revealed that Grant Gish, a veteran of Marvel Studios and Fox Animation, would join as head of adult animation. […]

The new version will be adult-oriented. It will not, however, involve “Ren & Stimpy” creator John Kricfalusi, whom a source tells Variety will have no creative input into and will receive no financial remuneration from the new series. Kricfalusi was accused in a 2018 Buzzfeed article of sexually abusing teenage girls.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

This show is so fucked up

3. soggytime

Trusted

At first I was like "BAD IDEA" but then I thought, "well if this gets John K. angry as well as employs talented artists, the good may outway the bad." FUCK THAT GUY.

4. DooDooBird

Trusted

There was a few segments on this show that I was entertained by. Most notably the horse character. “No sir, I don’t like it.”

But ultimately this show was probably my least favorite of all the nick toons. It was just so fucking gross.

5. albatrossskyer

w00tSTAR Worldwide

the show was great. you 3 are clowns.

soggytime likes this.
  6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Meh. Won’t be the same. No thanks.

7. delvec19

Trusted

Ren and Stimpy only works in the 90s and being grossed out at 10 years old but kept watching.