Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Series Among CW Pilot Orders

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Variety:

The “Powerpuff Girls” live-action series was first announced as being in development back in August. Based on the Cartoon Network series created by Craig McCracken, the new series sees the pint-sized superheroes as disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

The project hails from writers and executive producers Heather Regnier and Diablo Cody, with Cody executive producing via Vita Vera Films. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and David Madden will executive produce via Berlanti Productions. Erika Kennair will produce. Warner Bros. Television will produce.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. karcrashianpanache

Hysterical and Useless

Awkwafina as Buttercup or I don't want it

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

bruh who asked for this?

Snoblin, Vase Full Of Rocks and Raku like this.
  4. xenoabe

Regular

Warner execs wanting more brand crossover is my guess.

Raku likes this.
  5. trevorshmevor

and use a pretty font Supporter

Sounds like an interesting take on the PPG, but I can’t imagine the charm of the animated series will translate to a live action setting. Just feels like it wouldn’t work unless it had a completely different tone

6. CampfireColorado

Regular

This is like just so insane that I’m genuinely intrigued.

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

its going to be eDgY

8. trevorshmevor

and use a pretty font Supporter

Raku likes this.
  9. Orla

right on! Prestigious

Premise reminds me of that fan made Power Rangers short film from 2015 where the characters have become adults who are like, tangled up in organised crime & doing coke

10. BradBradley

Regular

11. BradBradley

Regular

I know there was about a zero percent chance of ever happening, but I wish that that could’ve materialized as a larger project.

Orla likes this.
  12. gbuffers

England.

I just cannot picture this at all.

13. BradBradley

Regular

Blossom is a homocide detective who refuses to use her powers since she accidentally killed her partner in a hostage negotiation gone wrong. Bubbles is a struggling stand up comedian and single mom with her shit mostly together. Blossom is a full on heroin addict and her sisters haven’t seen her in three years leading up to the pilot episode. It’s revealed mid-season that the professor passed away 10 years ago in a laboratory accident while attempting to produce an “antidote”/reversal agent to Chemical X at the behest of his daughters, who desired nothing more than to lead normal lives after their final showdown with HIM. Suddenly, they are forced to set aside their differences and familial struggles when forced to reunite against an old foe...

Frinet42 and Ska Senanake like this.
  14. gbuffers

England.

Haha NOW I get it!!

Bring it on

BradBradley likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy Feb 10, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 10, 2021)
    Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

CW is all I needed to hear to be all in with this

Orla likes this.
  16. Snoblin

Chaotic-Good Goblin Person Prestigious

We're in an era of high-quality story telling through the animation medium, and out of touch corporations still choose the derivative and uninspired path.

*Loud disappointed groan*

17. xenoabe

Regular

I don't know that that is necessarily it here. It's still very hard to get a non-kids, larger audience for animation material. I worked for Cartoon Network. When they brought PPG back it was still super tough to get boys to watch it. I think this is just an attempt at grabbing the audience that liked the original series to come back.

Colby Searcy likes this.