Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Ordinary World’ Staring Billie Joe Due Out in October

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Deadline reports that the upcoming film staring Billie Joe of Green Day, now titled Ordinary World, will be released on October 14th:

The Green Day frontman plays Perry, an aging former punk rocker who’s now a married father of two. He leads a sedate life in Queens until his brother (Chris Messina) gives him money to throw a huge 40th birthday rockstar bash in a fancy Manhattan hotel — a chance to get it out of his system. But Perry’s puck past clashes with his middle-age reality. Judy Greer, Selma Blair, Dallas Roberts, Fred Armisen, Brian Baumgartner and Kevin Corrigan also star in the pic from writer-director Lee Kirk.

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Lol I didn't even know he acted now, let alone was starring in a movie... hopefully it's good!

3. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I'll give this a chance.

4. duritzfan13

all we have is time

In theaters or no?

5. ianzandi

Regular

I thought I recalled seeing him in Small Apartments, but I guess that was Johnny Knoxville. Weird film.

6. noKings

Regular

Anticitizen7 likes this.
  7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I'm down with the synopsis.

8. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Caught the premiere at Tribeca earlier this year, it's a fun family film with a lot of heart.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He's not a great actor but this sounds like he's basically playing himself so I could see this being pretty entertaining

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Hopefully it might be quite good actually, I'd like to watch it and see for myself.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Well I like Chris Messina and Selma Blair