Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Nondescript Pop Punk Band Dropkicks a Girl Off Stage’ • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2016.

1. red8ge

Regular

epic ftw comment from the guy who made the same video 17 times

[​IMG]

2. I'm sure I'm wasting my time but the amount of gay slurs in the facebook comments angered me so I can't resist confronting these homophobic idiots.

suburban myth likes this.
  3. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Links to any of these?

BigG1392 likes this.
  4. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

What a silly man... it's only Falcon punch Jarrod! No one cares about Falcon Kick

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

There's some websites actually running this as a funny story....yep

6. efp722

Regular

Any follow up? She okay? Anyone release a statement?

7. bruinrk

isn't this the same guy that got into a fight with a security guard at Warped Tour for roughing up a fan who was crowdsurfing?

Also....what he did was horrible and not saying he shouldve done it but I hate fans that take selfies on stage. But literally kicking her off the stage was absolutely the wrong way of going about it.

Raku likes this.
  8. Sal Paradise

Trusted

She was completely defenseless, she could have hit her head falling like that... and for all we know maybe she did. What a shitty thing to do to anyone, woman or man.

Raku likes this.
  9. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

suburban myth and Timmiluvs like this.
  10. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

11. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Would probably be for the best if we didn't draw attention to specific shit comments out there

12. You're right and I apologize, I'm deleting my post.

13. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Reading through the lyrics of every single release by this band will show you how they feel about women. As a responsible adult in a position of power, the only response to a minor annoyance like this is to either wait till after the song to say "hey don't do that please" or have your crew remove the person from the stage. The fact that anyone is even attempting to say "she should have expected this" or whatever is revolting. He drop kicked her from behind, in the spine, with no warning. Luckily it seems she wasn't injured, but she could have been seriously hurt! There's no excuse for this at all. And the fact that a man pops up immediately after and does the same thing without repercussion is so telling. I've been saying for YEARS that this band is a scourge upon the scene and every single thing that they do only backs up my point.

14. Jackbo487

Regular

All the bad stuff TSSF/Parker have gotten into the last few years makes me resent supporting them as a fellow Bay Area product. Yeesh.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

reminds me of this

Brenden likes this.
  16. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

This was handled about as bad as you can handle it. If you don't want people making moves on stage, either have a crew to remove people or don't play clubs without a barricade. Furthermore, to even think kicking a girl is ok in any capacity is pretty gross.

I am not a fan of the band, Chunk! No Captain Chunk, but walking by their set at a small festival, they actually did the opposite. They told their fans feel free to come on stage and take a selfie with em. Pretty cool move and it connects with that younger group of fans that are really into selfies. The lack of awareness in these two instances is astounding because I doubt the ages between the two bands is all that much.

Jose likes this.
  17. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Mod Club manager Jorge Dias said he's never seen anything like it in their 14 years of operation. They've banned the group from the venue.

"We are appalled by the actions of the singer," he said in an e-mail. "That was a very cowardly act."

Props to the manager.

Aaron Mook, TheWater(s), Eric and 4 others like this.
  18. rst

Regular

Afroman comes to mind as one of the worst cases of violence against a (female) fan. He was arrested after the show but im not sure what ever came of it. This story with Parker is getting a lot of attention all over North America, I wouldnt be surprised in the least if more will/should happen.

19. jorbjorb

7 rings

yikes! i remember that!

20. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this is terrible and is upsetting. there is absolutely no justification for his reaction, it's just gross. completely echoing everyone's statements that this is not what it means to be "punk.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I actually think because he has done this before to a male, this isn't just about how he treats women, it's also about how he treats other people in general. I've heard many stories about him being rude to interviewers or people who have met him/worked with him. I just don't think Parker is a good man, and he clearly has no respect for others.

CMilliken, Emotherapy and Raku like this.
  22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit. I fucking hope something came of that.

Raku likes this.
  23. jellyfishfossil

Regular

She posted a comment on Facebook and seems to be okay. She was saying Parker was in the right. As a musician, I couldn't imagine touching a fan if it was anything other than a hug.

CMilliken likes this.
  24. BigG1392

seems so scary to be buried

Yeah, I agree. From all that I've read on the guy, he just seems like a grade-A jackass who legitimately thinks he's better than others.

Raku likes this.
  25. Dctromotola Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2016)
    Dctromotola

Not a Newbie

This is 100% a super douche move by parker, and I haven't liked that band in a long time. I'm also not gonna act like the writers of these articles aren't also dicks. sure, say a shitty thing happened because of a shit person, but also do you really need to talk shit about a band because you don't like pop punk. the snobbery is strong with these writers. obviously parker is way, way more of a dick.

Raku likes this.