Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Nondescript Pop Punk Band Dropkicks a Girl Off Stage’ • Page 11

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

A nice and mature response from The World Is, I see.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don't see what's wrong with that.

3. Good. I hope other bands are calling them out.

4. Tata Toothy

Regular

I just watched the video, it was worse than I thought.

I get it if you don't want people on stage, fans shouldn't be up there in the first place. But let security handle it.

5. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

That somehow looked worse than I expected.

6. Funeral For A Friend just posted about it :

7. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

What a stupid stupid thing to do. Aren't TSSF playing Warped this year? If so, it would be big if they got removed after this incident. How in the hell is dropkicking anyone, especially a woman, a solution?

I've seen bands where fans get on stage and are literally hugging the guitarist and they kept on playing having a good time. You truly have to be the biggest asshole in the world to purposely dropkick one of your fans.

It's like Parker doesn't give two shits that he's the face of one of the biggest pop-punk bands in the scene currently and such actions harm him, his band mates, and the scene as a whole.

It's good to see other bands take him to task about it.

8. Paul Beaumont

Awful band does awful thing. We shouldn't even bother with these types of idiots now.

9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

It has definitely proven to not be worth defending anymore.

10. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

I don't want it to go away, or die, it just needs a little reform.

lightning13 likes this.
  11. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

oh lawd

Singer of The Story So Far Apologizes to 'Stupid Whore' He Dropkicked Off Stage

12. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

which is why it must die.

13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

If the article about the juggalo elephant escaping from the dark carnival doesn't give it away, I don't know what will.

sean_rugy and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. transrebel59

Regular

Every time I see something like this, I volunteer at a shelter or similar place. Volunteering 8 hours on Saturday at a women's shelter. Who's down to join in and volunteer at a place near them?

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

glad to see the girl was ok
    I have seen security at shows do much worst things and I wish that would gain some exposure as well.

They need to put up a barricade at these types of shows. It's freaking dangerous.

16. lolfpcmlol

Regular

This is being blown so far out of proportion. Has anyone watched the video? If so, is the language 'horrific drop kick' really appropriate? He was an asshole for reacting the way he did but it's hardly the violent assault that everyone is making it out to be.

17. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

lol for sure is. They just made her sound like it was an abusive relationship that she's still drawn to

18. lolfpcmlol

Regular

19. _unproductive

Regular

as someone who has had people jump on stage while performing, kicking them is not appropriate... I have pushed people off to the side of the stage, but it was nothing more than a nudge like "hey, get off the stage, this isn't your time". it should never be with enough force to knock them over.

20. _unproductive

Regular

there was with the TSSF video the first time, and the ETID one Jordan found the kid after the show and they talked. he also didn't kick the person in the back. (that kick was also impressively high and only caused the kid to drop the phone... not fall face first into the crowd)

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ah, shit, it's "not that bad" time already?

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Here's another angle of the video from a guy that was filming on stage:

23. TWAfan92

Screenshot_20160413-075115.jpg

24. Is not being okay with kicking unsuspecting people from behind a "feminist bandwagon"? Really? What's shocking is that there are people who are able to justify this.

25. _unproductive

Regular

personally, i get that it might have not been a hard kick, or that she thought it was funny, BUT it was still an overly aggressive thing to do