Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ Finishes Up Its 12th Season

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia wrapped up their 12th season last night. Glenn Howerton talked to Uproxx about the finale, the future of the show, and if Dennis will be leaving:

So… it’s a little complicated. I may seem a little bit evasive here, and I don’t mean to. It’s not entirely certain whether I am or am not. I might be. I might be, but I might not be. That really is the truth. Just to be clear, to dispel any potential weirdness, it has nothing to do with my relationship to anyone on the show or Rob or Charlie or anyone like that. It’s partially a creative and personal decision. We may be taking an extended hiatus between season 12 and season 13. So I’m certainly staying open to the possibility of doing more, but there is a possibility that I will not.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

MOTHER FUCKER!

[​IMG]

3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

This bums me the hell out... partially because dennis is my favorite character... but i just wanted to see them all end the show together

4. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I can't see him being completely done. In fact, I think they would even take an extended break to finish it with him fully invested.

I love everyone on that show, but it wouldn't be the same with one of them gone. Dee has The Mick, Charlie has movies and Mac seems content to just be a production company guy. If they take an extended break, they're all going to be fine.

Just take their time and give us quality over quantity. This season was one of the strongest yet.

trevorshmevor and coleslawed like this.
  5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Never got into this show at all, I just couldn't do it, but 12 seasons is unbelievably impressive.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Well yeah, it's the greatest show of all time.

7. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Binge watching since last weekend, already to the 3rd season...only show I cant watch in bed cause I wake the wife up with giggling. haha

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Glenn is just fucking with us.

9. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

if he does need to leave the show, they def should just end it. breaking up the gang doesn't make sense from the show's meta or seem like it could work in its favor at all

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

i really need to start watching this show don't i

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Agreed. There's a minuscule chance he actually leaves imo

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i kinda just thought this show would last forever

13. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Can't imagine the show missing part of the gang.

14. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Love your avatar. I am binge watching Twin Peaks right now. It is so wonderful, it really is. Cooper is awesome. And yes, start watching It's Always Sunny immediately. First season is a trial run, very indie, lot of Thrice stickers. Danny Devito comes in as Frank in Season 2. Seasons 2-5 are my personal favorites with 5 being the best IMO. Season 6, while still hilarious seems to fall off a bit from its predecessors, but 7 is fantastic (fat Mac season), with the cast kind of rediscovering the magic of the earlier seasons and almost starting "fresh". It's been pretty consistently good since then. Every season has a couple misses, but for the most part, it's all gold. They experiment a lot with the characters in the later seasons which is why the show has been so strong for so long. Excellent character development and call backs for a show with seemingly no character development at all (hey Seinfeld!). In short, watch the show. Make it through season 5 at the least.

15. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I hope all the love people are giving him helps change his mind. Sunny is kind of ground breaking and hasn't received recognition like it should. It's fan base is really strong and the critics seem to love it, so that isn't in question. I can imagine being in their shoes though and thinking it would be nice to be recognized more for a near flawless 12 season run. Glenn, come on man! Don't D.E.N.N.I.S. us!!!

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm almost positive I'll like it, so that's why it sort of bothers me that I haven't started it yet. I've heard that it's been remarkably consistent throughout its whole run, and I've not heard good things from people my age about the humour. Plus, I love Seinfeld. I haven't started any television show in a long time, but I really think I'm going to give this a shot

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I honestly don't even think he needs convincing, I'm like 99% sure they're just fucking around