Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘High Fidelity’ Canceled by Hulu

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Deadline:

High Fidelity, starring and executive produced by Zoë Kravitz, will not be getting a second season on Hulu. I hear the cast and production team of the series, a reimagining of Nick Hornby’s 1995 novel and the 2000 John Cusack movie, were notified of the cancellation today.

Boooo.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. mit_backwards

Regular

Terrible news. One of the best shows to come out last year.

3. transrebel59

Regular

Wtf? This show was cool as hell and despite being an adaptation, was one of the more original things I had seen in a while. At least give it another season to get going.

Hopefully HBO Max picks it up?

arcarsenal72 and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. joebosslet

WHY?! One of the best shows I binged during this whole quarantine . :(

5. razorburn

Trusted

So bummed by this.

6. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I was a huge fan of the movie and book and I had been wanting to check out the show, but my girlfriend binge watched it and I caught a few bits and pieces. It actually looked really good so I'm bummed it got cancelled. My favorite scene from the movie was actually a deleted scene that I found years later, and the first time I walked in on her watching it, I immediately noticed they were recreating that scene. They did it justice, in my opinion. I just rewatched the movie two nights ago.

falafelmywaffle and Orla like this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It was pretty good, but sometimes I felt like it followed the movie WAY too closely. Like, entire chunks of dialogue just lifted straight out. It was kinda weird.

8. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Well, ain’t that a .... but really, I enjoyed this show a ton, and was genuinely excited for further character development in season two.

here comes Netflix to save the day?

9. jeff.dart

Regular

Wow I didn’t even know this was a thing. I’m sad reading it now.

10. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

I love the film but knew this was gonna tank when i saw the first trailer

Raku and Walkabout like this.
  11. ... but it was really good

12. Bummer.