Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Hamilton’ Wins Eleven Awards at 2016 Tony Awards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hamilton ended up winning eleven awards at the 2016 Tony Awards.

The Tony Awards on Sunday night were a bonanza for “Hamilton,” as Broadway’s wildly popular hit musical collected an impressive 11 prizes, including the coveted one for best musical. While the results reflected the widespread audience and critical acclaim for Lin-Manuel Miranda’s hip-hop biography of Alexander Hamilton, they did not quite match the record 12 prizes bestowed on the musical “The Producers” in 2001.

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Didn't know much about this before last night but that performance was phenomenal and I really want to see this now!

Only big production I've seen is Wicked through Broadway Across America

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I bought tickets to see it in March last night. I've never been more excited for a show- Broadway or otherwise- as I am for this.

fenway89, Colby Searcy and Laura like this.
  4. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

I was hoping for the record, but 11 is still pretty great. Easily the best Broadway show I've ever seen.

Ken likes this.
  5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Phillipa Soo was robbed for the record tie-r but whatever 11 is incredible.

6. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I am seriously obsessed with this. I have been listening nonstop the past month.

7. transrebel59

Regular

I am not surprised by this at all - well deserved. The intro with James Cordon was awesome.