Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Dark Phoenix’ Trailer • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 27, 2018.

1. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I'm really glad this derailed into Spidey talk, and I agree with all of Tim's points about Homecoming. Anytime even the faintest praise is given towards what Marc Webb, Andrew Garfield, and Emma Stone did, I'm happy.

This looks like crap.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

1) Tony is on screen for only 20 minutes max. He’s a definitely a part of the story but it’s not an Iron Man film at all. Tony wasn’t even ever involved in any of the fights or missions. He saved Peter’s ass twice but that was the point.

2) I do think it was a lot of Peter having fun (he’s a high school student) but it was also Peter thinking he was meant for something more. That he could make a real difference and that’s what drove him in the end. If it was merely having fun, he would have spent the night with Liz at Prom and not gone after Vulture. He had to make a lot of hard decisions in the film and they were all selfless in the end. Sounds like Peter Parker to me.

3) Miles will eventually come around and I don’t mind that they threw Peter back in High School since this felt like an ACTUAL HIGH SCHOOL. Something neither of the previous films ever nailed. I also don’t mind if they change things up from the comics- if it works for the film then it works for me. Happy Ned is here to stay.

Jonathan likes this.
  3. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Andrew Garfield was just way too cool to pull off Peter Parker

4. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Honestly The original spider-man trilogy is my favorite but I do enjoy Homecoming. I really disliked the Andrew Garfield movies. He wasn't a very good Peter Parker in my opinion and the world and feel of the movies just felt sterile to me. One of my favorite things about Spider-man 2 is that the world feels alive, like NYC is full of character and really captures that feeling that the comics give you. It feels lived in and the civilians all have character and feelings about Spider-man.

5. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Agree with everything you said – also loved the more modern takes on "MJ" and Flash. Nice to have them not be white folks for once.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms Sep 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 28, 2018)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Seriously. It looked like a real school from the Bronx since it was so multi-racial. It was refreshing to see and the film was all the better for it.

Really gotta hand it to Jon Watts. Dude killed it.

Jonathan likes this.