Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Carpool Karaoke’ Series Coming Exclusively to Apple Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Apple has bought the rights to “Carpool Karaoke” and will be releasing episodes exclusively on Apple Music:

The viral segment that broke out on the Late Late Show With James Corden is being turned into its own series, which will air first exclusively for subscribers to Apple’s music streaming app.

Carpool Karaoke, which will be produced by CBS Television Studios and Fulwell 73, the production company of Late Late Show executive producer Ben Winston, will expand on the segment’s format with celebrity guests who sing along to their favorite songs and surprise fans during their ride. The host of the series is expected to be announced at a later date; Corden is not expected to take the wheel.

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This segment always makes me physically uncomfortable.

3. DandonTRJ Jul 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2016)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

God, that article purposefully buries the lead: "Carpool Karaoke will remain a segment on The Late Late Show." I was so mad when I read Cordon wouldn't be the host of Apple's version, thinking that was it. Now I just have to hope they don't keep all the best artists away from him to try and build up the pay-version.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. Schooner

Trusted

Cause it's cringey or the not paying attention while driving?

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

No cordon no care

6. MarkJ801

Regular

Hopefully there'll be another way to watch it, Apple blows.

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Thanks for posting this. Now I don't have to read the article at all ha. as long as this stays on Cordon I'll watch his version at least.

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Hackiest late night bit of all time, including lip sync battle

9. berbakay

A bit off topic but is Corden popular in America? Crazy if he is, he's not even that popular here.

Schooner likes this.
  10. TobiasSc

Life is a gift. Remember this.

But - why would you do Carpool Karaoke without James Corden?! He's hilarious!

11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I can't wait for it to turn to shit like it happened with Lip Sync Battle.

Schooner likes this.
  12. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

So which old rapper and useless co-host will be chosen for this?

Schooner likes this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I don't care for carpool karaoke. Hearing artists sing parts of their own songs (that's not karaoke!!) with James interrupting after he asks them a question? Fascinating.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The latter shouldn't be an issue for a competent driver

15. Schooner

Trusted

I don't think he is

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Remembered seeing article headlines about this being shopped around. Wasn't expecting Apple Music to be where it ended up.