Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Beauty and the Beast’ Has Huge Weekend Opening

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The live-action Beauty and the Beast had a monster opening this weekend:

Disney’s live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast has delivered a film the size of a summer blockbuster in the month of March, debuting with not only a record-setting March opening weekend, but the seventh largest domestic opening of all-time as Disney now owns six of the top seven opening weekends of all-time.

Seems like that whole boycott thing is going well.

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Thought the movie was fantastic.

JimmyIymmiJ and coleslawed like this.
  3. Boycotting almost always benefits whatever was being boycotted. All it does is increase everyone else's curiosity.

emeryk3 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  4. aniafc

Trusted

Except for A Dog's Purpose

Brent likes this.
  5. Gross. I'm hoping no one was planning on seeing that movie in the first place. It looked so despicable.

6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

B&TB was honestly incredible. I highly recommend it.

Chase Tremaine and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  7. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I haven't seen it yet, but the boycott not working makes me so, SO happy.

8. aniafc

Trusted

Outside of the animal abuse allegations that ended up being false?

What else looked despicable about it, genuinely curious and in the least sarcastic way possible?

suppyguppy and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  9. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

all that "controversy" for literally three seconds of josh gad dancing with a man

great rep, disney, definitely wasn't just a thing to boost interest :sly:

10. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I have a bunch of people I'd like to introduce you to who believe that three seconds is leading to the downfall of America and that Disney is indoctrinating children with the gay agenda.

Actually, no I don't want to introduce you to those people because they're the worst. But I can say for sure that for whatever interest it drummed up, the outrage is very real in certain circles.

11. Malatesta

haha, bless. believe me, i know pleeeeeeeeenty of those types.

12. Schooner

Trusted

I only ever saw the bit with that dog looking like it was drowning. Which was sad cause the movie looked so cute. I never saw a release internationally here after a couple ads on tv early jan

13. Malatesta

suppyguppy and aniafc like this.
  14. Schooner

Trusted

Well that sucks for everyone involved cause it certainly put a lot of animal lovers off the film and would've hammered their tickets
    Although in saying that I don't know how they couldn't have cleared that video. The poor thing was petrified anyone could see it

15. Schooner

Trusted

May it also be noted how terrible that Little Mermaid live action remake looks. I'd rather they'd completely used the dated old 1989 story then this garbage circus thing they're throwing out. Looks so boring

16. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Probably because it's not Disney tbf.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Schooner

Trusted

Ohhh isn't it? I assume was part of this jungle book/beauty/lion king make everything live action phase
    What's the traditional Little Mermaid story anyway? This or disneys or different from both

18. Perhaps I'm more biased than most, because I sincerely hate the current culture of people who treat their pets like humans, but I thought the entire premise of a reincarnating dog was utter ridiculousness, filmed in a manner that looked hyper-sentimentalized (if that's a word)

19. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Disney are reportedly making a Little Mermaid live-action film in the future (as is the trend for most their films) but the newest Little Mermaid release is from 'Conglomerate Media and Kingsway Productions'. So yeah, it's pretty confusing but that trailer definitely lacked any Disney involement and it shows.

In regards to the story, without looking it up, idk lol. I'd guess the Disney film is more faithful to the adaptation and this non-Disney Little Mermaid film is trying to stand-out.

20. Schooner

Trusted

Ok. Cheers matey!
    Prob Hans Christian Anderson or some Nordic tale. Was interesting the easter egg theory's about the Frozen parents being the shipwreck in TLM

Yeah I know my missus was whinging about the originals plot was "just some girl trying to ditch her family and body for some dude to marry who upgrades to a hotter girl anyway" but she agreed this story looked worse.

emeryk3 likes this.