Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Aquaman’ Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

This is just one of those movies, that regardless of how good I'm told it is (if it does turn out to be good), I'll have a hard time believing it and going in with an open mind because of the concept. Aquaman is just the hardest superhero to buy into and not just see as corny. I thought his presence in Justice league was not good, and definitely corny, so I'm not anticipating 2 hours of Aquaman as a focus. I may not watch it at the movies because I feel like I'll end up laughing at parts that aren't intended to be funny and I hate those people at movies. I'm interested though in being proven wrong. There have been plenty of superhero/blockbuster movies as of late that I thought looked awful and ended up being great entertainment.

3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I fear I'm in the same boat, but it doesn't help I've been hesitant towards all of the DC movies. Plus, an Aquaman movie just makes me think of Entourage.

CMilliken likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the entourage version is probably a movie I would actually watch haha

lava890 likes this.
  5. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

This does not look interesting in any way to me

CMilliken likes this.
  6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Do I spend too much time around fellow comic book fans? I'm not even a big DC universe guy, and I know that Aquaman isn't dumb. I literally forgot it's still popular to think of him as "that guy who talks to fish."

Anyways, this looks both actually good and the good version of dumb. Pure comic book bliss.

7. CMilliken

Trusted

Yeah... not feeling this.

8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

To be fair, he doesn’t have the type of powers you would expect from a superhero leading a successful franchise.

He doesn’t have, say, the ability to shrink and communicate with ants.

Now THATS a hero that will get you $500 million at the global box office.

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Medellin, oh how I wish you were real.

10. ohitsjustrob

"The only truth is music." Supporter

Something about this trailer makes me not excited for the movie at all. And to the Entourage comments, I completely agree. Especially because in that show’s universe, James Cameron was directing it, not James Wan. Knowing that kinda makes it hard for me to take this movie seriously.