Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘68 - Give One, Take One (2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Dec 31, 2019.

2. Their first album is an absolute ripper. I hope the new one is similar in intensity.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Cool title. Love everything Scogin has done and am sure this will be no different.

airik625 likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Here for this. Enjoyed their output a lot.

5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Tight.

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

excited for this

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

sweet

8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

New song live:

9. yocoxy

Saw these supporting 'A' in Southampton, brilliant band

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Hell yeah. Still listen the first two albums quite a bit.

11. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Really bummed we haven't heard anything from this. Last I heard they were sitting on the album until they could tour again.

12. airik625

Yeah would have loved an announcement for a single, artwork, or even tracklisting.

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Band has the capability to make a modern classic imo

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I could do with a new '68 album right about now. Listened to the recent Josh Scogin episode on the Labeled podcast yesterday and his mentality and mindset when it comes to making music got me excited for this next release.

15. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Kind of a bummer that he has zero interest in a Chariot reunion, but I understand his reasons. He must be so tired of talking about The Chariot and Norma Jean.

16. I would love some info on this. But I feel like all releases have been bumped to the later part of this year.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. atlas

Trusted

I respect that honestly. So many people make a big deal about "oh I've moved on, that was the old me, I'm never going back to that band again" and 3 years later they're doing a reunion tour. But Scogin's always seemed like a kinda oddball dude that legit has no interest in it

(of course his mind obviously could change and I would absolutely go see The Chariot play if that ever happened lol)

18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Haven’t listened to the podcast in a minute, but haven’t listened to Josh Scogin talk in a much longer minute, so decided to check it out.

Good podcast ‘cause, even all these years later, I really appreciate Josh as a creative. That being said, my gosh did whichever Emery dude it is who hosts the podcast annoy me, lol. The old drama infatuation that used to annoy me about the Emery dudes really came out when Josh talked about his personal interests & convictions, & the host kept trying to turn it against other bands. Sheesh, so annoying, lol.

19. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Yeah, I feel like he does this in every interview. Just trying to stir things up and create controversy for no reason.

Tim likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i totally forgot about this band. love josh and could go for another album

sawhney[rusted]2 and airik625 like this.
  21. Really thought an announcement was made and I had missed it when I saw this thread on page 1. Been revisiting their discography and the latest album has suddenly clicked with me. Josh can do no wrong.

22. Wasn’t totally on board until Two Parts Viper, but man that thing rips. Need to spin it sometime soon, it’s been a while

23. airik625

Which thing?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Two Parts Viper, he thinks that album rips

and I concur

airik625 and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. Oh, yeah I meant the record!