Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ólafur Arnalds Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 17, 2016.

1. George

Trusted Prestigious

Ólafur Arnalds (born 3 November 1986) is a BAFTA-winning[1] multi-instrumentalist and producer from Mosfellsbær, Iceland. Ólafur Arnalds mixes strings and piano with loops and beats crossing over from ambient/electronic to pop.

[​IMG]

Essential Albums; Eulogy for Evolution for some "classic" neo-classical stuff, For Now I Am Winter for classical inspired songs with beautiful singing.

He's mega prolific, so there's lots out there!

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  2. George

Trusted Prestigious

iplaydrums likes this.
  3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I keep meaning to check out the album he did with Nils Frahm

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Been listening to Arnalds since Eulogy for Evolution. I was late picking up the Broadchurch OST, even though I recognized his score when I first watched the show, didn't get it til almost the end of last year. Love his stuff.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. George

Trusted Prestigious

6. George

Trusted Prestigious

ANNOUNCING: ISLAND SONGS

Starting today, and for the next 7 weeks, I will be traveling to 7 different locations in Iceland – one per week – to record and film a series of new compositions.

In each location I will be collaborating with local artists to create and perform a new song and each week I will release the audio track and a video performance, shot by director Baldvin Z.

Island Songs is a living musical film and therefore everything will be documented in real-time. You can join me by keeping an eye on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and IslandSongs.is for regular media and commentary.

New locations will be added to the map on www.islandsongs.is as we go and the songs will be released EVERY MONDAY.
    -----
    Right now me and my team of 15 people are traveling to Hvammstangi where we will record the first song.

I'll be broadcasting LIVE on Facebook from the location later today to tell you more about the project and introduce you to my first collaborator.

Hope you are as excited about this as I am.
    Love
    Óli

wisdomfordebris likes this.