Jason Tate
Jason Tate liner notes
    1. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 11, 2016
      I need a new avatar, not sure what to use.
    2. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 9, 2016
      The actual prime time Olympics broadcast is a disaster.
    3. Jason Tate
    4. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 22, 2016
      All about this album lately.

5. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 22, 2016
      I missed Jon Stewart.

1. Michael Buffone likes this.
      2. Michael Buffone
        Michael Buffone
        Lord how I missed his voice in all of this.
        Dec 1, 2016
    6. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 20, 2016
      Can't watch this RNC shit anymore. There's a new Ignite album I forgot about that came out this year ... so, I'll be over here blowing out my eardrums if anyone needs me.
    7. Jason Tate
    8. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 20, 2016
      I really like the new Young the Giant album.
    9. Jason Tate
    10. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 25, 2016
      Finished 'Ready Player One' — definitely loved this one. Recommended. Gonna have to give 'Armada' a run next.
      1. Chase Tremaine likes this.
    11. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 23, 2016
      Fall Out Boy's 'Ghostbusters' song actually made me afraid of music demons coming back to life and eating my soul.
      1. Chase Tremaine likes this.
    12. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 23, 2016
      'Any Given Wednesday' was a trainwreck. I've seen better YouTube shows.
    13. Jason Tate
    14. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 15, 2016
      My listening the past month has been strange.

[​IMG]
    15. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 14, 2016
      Gonna start this OJ documentary.
    16. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 9, 2016
      Thomas reads out Sum 41 track names on the podcast and I can't stop giggling.
    17. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 2, 2016
      I want you to know ... I missssssss you .... I missssssss you so.
    18. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 2, 2016
      I wouldn't buy the flower penis shirt anyway, cause explaining an upside down cross is not on my lists of things to do, but I legit can't understand how the typography can be this bad. It's the merch equivalent of "Moshi Moshi."
    19. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jun 1, 2016
      There are two kinds of people in this world. Those that like A Wilhelm Scream and I don't care about the other.
    20. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 31, 2016
      My biggest vice is that I have a few beers and buy upgrades to apps I already have.
    21. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 28, 2016
      Fuck. 'Horace and Pete' destroyed me.
    22. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 27, 2016
      Nice Friday night with some basketball, a good beer, and now some TV and reading. Life is good.
    23. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 26, 2016
      WOULD YOU STAY WITH ME?

Welcome back Thrice.
    24. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 21, 2016
      Every time I listen to Less Than Jake I fall back in love with just how fucking good this band (and their discography) is.
    25. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 19, 2016
      Hmm, I got Apple Music to work with Last.fm finally, maybe I should start using that again after basically a year of zero scrobbling.
  • Recent Posts
  • About

I’m a writer, music enthusiast, web-developer, typography geek, and a coffee and beer snob. Sometime around 1996 I created absolutepunk.net — a music community to discuss under-appreciated music I loved. Over the next few years, it got popular. Then it got really popular. The goal of the website was to introduce people to new music and provide a community for people to discuss music that was not often heard in the mainstream. Oh, and for me to whine and moan about things I felt like to a chorus of “why is this news!?” posts.

In 2004, I (sold-out and) sold the company while staying on to keep running AP.net and manage a variety of other websites. My passion turned into a job and I drudged through the next few years frustrated. For a while I thought about walking away from the internet completely. However, my passion for music, technology, and a slightly off centered pop-culture remains. So, I decided to take a chance and with that spirit build chorus.fm. I hope for this to be a platform to write and share my passions with you, and with that, I also want to continue my vision of a community for music fans looking to connect with kindred spirits.

I send out a weekly newsletter that recaps the week in music and offers thoughts on music, media, and other cool stuff.
    Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1983 (Age: 41)
    Home Page:
    http://chorus.fm
    Job:
    Blogger, Opinion-Haver, Whatever
    Jason Tate
    Relationship:
    Married
    High-School:
    Tualatin High School
    College:
    University of Redlands
    Political Views:
    Progressive
    Threads:
    @jasontate
    Mastodon:
    mastodon.social/@jasontate
    Twitter:
    @jason_tate
    Facebook:
    jasonnealtate
    Instagram:
    jasontate
    Letterboxd:
    jasontate
    Trackt:
    jasontate83
    Discogs:
    chorusfm
    Cashtag:
    $chorus
    Apple Music:
    jasontate
    Last.fm:
    jasontate
    Soundcloud:
    absolutepunknet
    Untappd:
    jasontate
    Goodreads:
    30195904-jason-tate
    Favorite Albums:
    Brand New - 'Deja Entendu', The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds', Simon and Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers', Thrice - 'Vheissu', Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures', The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound', The 1975 - 'The 1975', Bon Iver - 'Bon Iver', Blink 182 - 'Dude Ranch'
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Friends, Parks and Recreation, Veronica Mars, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Doctor Who, You're the Worst, Nathan for You.
    Favorite Movies:
    The Dark Knight, Heat, Goodfellas, The Godfather II, Her, 2001: A Space Odyssey, LA Confidential, The Social Network, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite Books:
    The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin and Hobbes, On Writing Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius