Jason Tate
Jason Tate liner notes
    1. Jason Tate
    2. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 18, 2016
      It's 2016 and this new Ariana Grande is more appealing than new Brand New. Whatyaknow.
      1. Jdaniels, InfiniteArms and FTank like this.
    3. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 18, 2016
      It still surprises me to no end how much Manchester Orchestra's 'Cope' got shit on.
    4. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 18, 2016
      If you look really closely at the bottom of the Riot Fest admat ....
      1. trevorshmevor likes this.
    5. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 17, 2016
      I keep finding myself putting on the new Good Charlotte album. It's a lot of fun.
    6. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 16, 2016
      I liked '10 Cloverfield Lane'.
    7. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 15, 2016
      Finished 'The Girl on the Train' last night. Really enjoyed it, good thriller and escape.
    8. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 10, 2016
      New chorus logo finalized.
      1. Dirty Sanchez likes this.
    9. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 8, 2016
      I am going to forever be in the minority that flat out loves 'The King of Limbs.'
      1. Chase Tremaine likes this.
      2. FTank
        FTank
        Every time I saw a post today slighting that record I thought of you haha.
        May 8, 2016
        Jason Tate likes this.
    10. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 8, 2016
      I thought 'Civil War' was only ok. Very flawed film that seems to be getting a pretty big pass.
      1. Chase Tremaine
        Chase Tremaine
        Flawed how? Or have you already fleshed out your thoughts in the Civil War thread?
        May 10, 2016
    11. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 7, 2016
      I can't get over how bad the music was in 'Civil War.' This bugs me way more than it should.
      1. Chase Tremaine likes this.
      2. Chase Tremaine
        Chase Tremaine
        I'll at least agree with you there.
        May 10, 2016
    12. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate May 4, 2016
      Working on finalizing the new chorus logo, gah. I think we're on the right path.
      1. ianebaldwin
        ianebaldwin
        Looking forward to seeing it!
        May 5, 2016
    13. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 30, 2016
      Enjoying this album tonight.

14. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 27, 2016
      :blink182:

What a day! I had an absolute blast even if it was stressful and pretty crazy at times. One of those "oh, yeah, I fucking love this job" kind of days. I guess I'll see everyone at 7:00am tomorrow for some more live blogging the radio, heh, just like the old days. (AND THE SERVERS SURVIVED THE WHOLE DAY! Which I am kinda super secret excited about.)
      1. Jason Tate
        Jason Tate
        Sure is nice to be able to add new emoji when it feels right and not jump through hoops.
        Apr 28, 2016
        ianebaldwin likes this.
    15. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 27, 2016
      I'm just saying, after the new Blink-182 song, if Tom calls and wants back in, the band have every right to "new phone, who dis?"
    16. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 25, 2016
      Loving this album lately:

17. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 24, 2016
      I fight the urge to respond to people asking about "AbsolutePunk" with just "new phone, who dis?" at least three times a day.
      1. teebs41 likes this.
    18. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 23, 2016
      If I had a record label I'd offer The Bombpops a contract tomorrow.

19. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 22, 2016
      On a huge Madonna kick today.
    20. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 21, 2016
      Didn't even notice we broke 100,000 posts on the forum until right now - so, that's pretty damn cool. Now it's time to go edit this week's podcast.
    21. Jason Tate
    22. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 19, 2016
      Some days feel less productive than others even when you get everything you wanted done. Today was one of those days. It just felt ... off. Well, if things go as planned, I'll get another shot tomorrow.
    23. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 15, 2016
      Fuck it week over. Watching an Anna Kendrick movie in bed with beer and licorice and life is fine.
    24. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 15, 2016
      Haha, people are following me on Snapchat and I can only post stupid things on that service. I still don't get it, but it's kinda fun.
    25. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 14, 2016
      I've been publishing a few things, links and app recommendations, that I haven't felt quite work on the homepage yet ... on my blog.
  • Recent Posts
  • About

I’m a writer, music enthusiast, web-developer, typography geek, and a coffee and beer snob. Sometime around 1996 I created absolutepunk.net — a music community to discuss under-appreciated music I loved. Over the next few years, it got popular. Then it got really popular. The goal of the website was to introduce people to new music and provide a community for people to discuss music that was not often heard in the mainstream. Oh, and for me to whine and moan about things I felt like to a chorus of “why is this news!?” posts.

In 2004, I (sold-out and) sold the company while staying on to keep running AP.net and manage a variety of other websites. My passion turned into a job and I drudged through the next few years frustrated. For a while I thought about walking away from the internet completely. However, my passion for music, technology, and a slightly off centered pop-culture remains. So, I decided to take a chance and with that spirit build chorus.fm. I hope for this to be a platform to write and share my passions with you, and with that, I also want to continue my vision of a community for music fans looking to connect with kindred spirits.

I send out a weekly newsletter that recaps the week in music and offers thoughts on music, media, and other cool stuff.
    Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1983 (Age: 41)
    Home Page:
    http://chorus.fm
    Job:
    Blogger, Opinion-Haver, Whatever
    Jason Tate
    Relationship:
    Married
    High-School:
    Tualatin High School
    College:
    University of Redlands
    Political Views:
    Progressive
    Threads:
    @jasontate
    Mastodon:
    mastodon.social/@jasontate
    Twitter:
    @jason_tate
    Facebook:
    jasonnealtate
    Instagram:
    jasontate
    Letterboxd:
    jasontate
    Trackt:
    jasontate83
    Discogs:
    chorusfm
    Cashtag:
    $chorus
    Apple Music:
    jasontate
    Last.fm:
    jasontate
    Soundcloud:
    absolutepunknet
    Untappd:
    jasontate
    Goodreads:
    30195904-jason-tate
    Favorite Albums:
    Brand New - 'Deja Entendu', The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds', Simon and Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers', Thrice - 'Vheissu', Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures', The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound', The 1975 - 'The 1975', Bon Iver - 'Bon Iver', Blink 182 - 'Dude Ranch'
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Friends, Parks and Recreation, Veronica Mars, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Doctor Who, You're the Worst, Nathan for You.
    Favorite Movies:
    The Dark Knight, Heat, Goodfellas, The Godfather II, Her, 2001: A Space Odyssey, LA Confidential, The Social Network, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite Books:
    The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin and Hobbes, On Writing Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius