Jason Tate
Jason Tate liner notes
    1. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 12, 2016
      That was one hell of a fun podcast episode to record, I hope it comes out as great as it felt while we were talking.
    2. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 12, 2016
      I'm on at least watch 10 of the 'Rogue One' trailer. This can't be healthy.
      1. Callum Macleod
        Callum Macleod
        If it makes you feel any better, I'm coming up on 20. Easily.
        Apr 12, 2016
        Jason Tate likes this.
    3. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 10, 2016
      Finally gonna watch some 'Justice League vs Teen Titans' - recharge for the week with some superhero cartoons.
    4. Chase Tremaine
      Chase Tremaine Apr 9, 2016
      You're about to hit 1,000 points! Now, tell me, HOW ARE YOU CHEATING?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Jason Tate
        Jason Tate
        I also got a nice boost by being a staff member. Haha.
        Apr 9, 2016
        Chase Tremaine likes this.
      3. Chase Tremaine
        Chase Tremaine
        Boo. I just think it's hilarious that, regardless of the new points I get, I'm always just shy of being on the list of users with the most points. Boooooo.
        Apr 9, 2016
      4. Jason Tate
        Jason Tate
        I believe in you Chase! I know you will find your way to the promised land! :-)
        Apr 9, 2016
        Chase Tremaine likes this.
    5. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 8, 2016
      One week since the public launch. Damn. Gonna break down some numbers tomorrow. It was a good week. Gonna have to find something special for dinner and celebrate. I'm happy. I'm excited. This feels good.
    6. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 6, 2016
      Looking at the numbers, and I know this probably won't hold (because we're new and fresh out of the gate and people are wondering wtf happened), but the first 4 days of Chorus were far above my traffic expectations. They beat almost every four day stretch from AP.net in at least the last 6 months.
      1. nl5011 likes this.
    7. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 4, 2016
      If we're going to walk into walls, we might as well run into them full speed.
    8. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 2, 2016
      I replied to an email earlier today, and just now got a response back that pointed out I had literally replied to myself. I replied to the email last night, forgot to archive it, saw it in my inbox this morning, and wrote a response to my own response. Thankfully they found this funny and not as sad as it is.
    9. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 31, 2016
      Honestly not sure if we're gonna have anything to talk about on the podcast when we come back in a few weeks.
      1. Chase Tremaine
        Chase Tremaine
        LIES. Also, a FEW weeks?? :'(
        Apr 1, 2016
      2. Iago
        Iago
        Episode full of Q&A? Full fledged 1975's LP2 discussion? Thrice stuff? I could probably come up with a couple of good questions/topics over the weekend for ya'.
        Apr 1, 2016
    10. Jason Tate
    11. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 29, 2016
      Weird thought that may make no sense trying to explain in text: Pull all the electronic stuff out of "Break Free" by Ariana Grande, like stripe it down to just the vocal melody and that chorus pattern. Not the instruments or anything else. Ok, listen to that. That's what I want a new Blink-182 song to sound like. I want a call and return with that ... "lyric, lyric, <pause pause>, lyric lyric lyric lyric." Pull the instruments from the first part, and then have them crash in and speed up the last section of it.
    12. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 28, 2016
      Just passed 200 members. So, well, here goes nothing. No turning back now.
    13. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 24, 2016
      Real talk: I'm legit more frightened of the lady that runs the home owner's association that got mad at me because the contractors that were fixing my wall walked through the common area today than I am of Ronnie Radke's threats on Twitter. Seriously, she could like fine me or something.
    14. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 23, 2016
      I haven't talked with @Thomas Nassiff in like three weeks now. I think I'm gonna start sending him voice memos so he doesn't forget my podcasting voice.
    15. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 23, 2016
      'West Wing,' saltine crackers, and beer. The next 10 days is going to be hell on my sleep and stomach.
    16. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 21, 2016
      Found myself in a Jimmy Eat World catalog dive tonight:
      I tried, but it rang and rang, I called all night,
      on a payphone, remember those from another life?
      If everything I meant to you, you can lick and seal then fold in two,
      then I've been so blind.
      Also, I added line breaks to status posts.
    17. Jason Tate
      1. Jason Tate
        Mar 21, 2016
    18. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 20, 2016
      Finished the "dark mode" theme for the website tonight. Going to do some more testing of it over the next few days to make sure I didn't miss anything and roll it out. Supporters can get an early look and help give it a spin by checking the supporter's forum.
    19. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 20, 2016
      Buzz, your Warped Tour lineup ... woof.
      1. nchlsnwtn likes this.
    20. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 18, 2016
      33. And I stayed up until midnight to watch some 'Daredevil.' Things are good.
      1. RedViolinist88 likes this.
    21. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 17, 2016
      Working on a "dark mode" for the forums today. So far I think it looks pretty bad ass.
      1. Chase Tremaine likes this.
    22. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 16, 2016
    23. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 15, 2016
      Still having trouble sleeping at night. Gonna start 'The West Wing' again.
    24. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 14, 2016
      Overcast, my favorite podcast player, got updated with a dark theme today that I truly love. Thinking these forums will need a dark theme someday when I find some free hours.
    25. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 14, 2016
      2:30 am, can't sleep, workers are coming in like 7 hours to fix the mold in the wall. This is gonna be a fun week. >:-(
  • Recent Posts
  • About

I’m a writer, music enthusiast, web-developer, typography geek, and a coffee and beer snob. Sometime around 1996 I created absolutepunk.net — a music community to discuss under-appreciated music I loved. Over the next few years, it got popular. Then it got really popular. The goal of the website was to introduce people to new music and provide a community for people to discuss music that was not often heard in the mainstream. Oh, and for me to whine and moan about things I felt like to a chorus of “why is this news!?” posts.

In 2004, I (sold-out and) sold the company while staying on to keep running AP.net and manage a variety of other websites. My passion turned into a job and I drudged through the next few years frustrated. For a while I thought about walking away from the internet completely. However, my passion for music, technology, and a slightly off centered pop-culture remains. So, I decided to take a chance and with that spirit build chorus.fm. I hope for this to be a platform to write and share my passions with you, and with that, I also want to continue my vision of a community for music fans looking to connect with kindred spirits.

I send out a weekly newsletter that recaps the week in music and offers thoughts on music, media, and other cool stuff.
    Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1983 (Age: 41)
    Home Page:
    http://chorus.fm
    Job:
    Blogger, Opinion-Haver, Whatever
    Jason Tate
    Relationship:
    Married
    High-School:
    Tualatin High School
    College:
    University of Redlands
    Political Views:
    Progressive
    Threads:
    @jasontate
    Mastodon:
    mastodon.social/@jasontate
    Twitter:
    @jason_tate
    Facebook:
    jasonnealtate
    Instagram:
    jasontate
    Letterboxd:
    jasontate
    Trackt:
    jasontate83
    Discogs:
    chorusfm
    Cashtag:
    $chorus
    Apple Music:
    jasontate
    Last.fm:
    jasontate
    Soundcloud:
    absolutepunknet
    Untappd:
    jasontate
    Goodreads:
    30195904-jason-tate
    Favorite Albums:
    Brand New - 'Deja Entendu', The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds', Simon and Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers', Thrice - 'Vheissu', Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures', The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound', The 1975 - 'The 1975', Bon Iver - 'Bon Iver', Blink 182 - 'Dude Ranch'
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Friends, Parks and Recreation, Veronica Mars, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Doctor Who, You're the Worst, Nathan for You.
    Favorite Movies:
    The Dark Knight, Heat, Goodfellas, The Godfather II, Her, 2001: A Space Odyssey, LA Confidential, The Social Network, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite Books:
    The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin and Hobbes, On Writing Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius