Jason Tate
Jason Tate liner notes
    1. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Nov 27, 2018
      That bug from yesterday that was driving me insane?

Yeah ... it was just that the content blocker on my testing device stopped whitelisting the dev site. What a giant waste of 4+ hours.
    2. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Nov 26, 2018
      Multiple bugs fixed today. One that's driving me insane. Oh well, will tackle tomorrow.
    3. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Nov 26, 2018
      Also, new holiday avatar. Sleigh, sleigh, sleigh.
    4. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Nov 26, 2018
      Bug fixing day around the website.
    5. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Nov 19, 2018
    6. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Nov 16, 2018
    7. Jason Tate
    8. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Nov 12, 2018
      This Sick of it All album is fantastic.
    9. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Oct 25, 2018
      On an AFI kick today. Feels Halloween-ish.
    10. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Oct 15, 2018
    11. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Oct 15, 2018
      Changed my avatar again. I decided zombies are more fitting up to Halloween.
    12. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Oct 13, 2018
      Monthly avatar change ... going with fall Calvin and Hobbes for October. Feels fitting.
    13. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Oct 11, 2018
      Really digging the new Matt Nathanson album.
    14. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Oct 11, 2018
      Officially created the 3.0 Chorus branch. Enough bug fixes, and one big change, to implement.
    15. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Sep 27, 2018
      Listening to Jimmy Eat World all day.
    16. Jason Tate
    17. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Sep 18, 2018
      Spent 2 bucks on Spider-Man stickers for iMessage. Because of course I did.
    18. Jason Tate
    19. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Sep 13, 2018
      Monthly avatar change. Going with the old Millennium Falcon for a little while.
    20. Jason Tate
    21. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Sep 6, 2018
      Played some Sum 41 at the gym today. Good stuff.
    22. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Sep 5, 2018
    23. Jason Tate
    24. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Sep 3, 2018
      Tackling my "read later" inbox on this nice holiday.
    25. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 29, 2018
      This new album from The Night Game gets me.
  • Recent Posts
  • About

I’m a writer, music enthusiast, web-developer, typography geek, and a coffee and beer snob. Sometime around 1996 I created absolutepunk.net — a music community to discuss under-appreciated music I loved. Over the next few years, it got popular. Then it got really popular. The goal of the website was to introduce people to new music and provide a community for people to discuss music that was not often heard in the mainstream. Oh, and for me to whine and moan about things I felt like to a chorus of “why is this news!?” posts.

In 2004, I (sold-out and) sold the company while staying on to keep running AP.net and manage a variety of other websites. My passion turned into a job and I drudged through the next few years frustrated. For a while I thought about walking away from the internet completely. However, my passion for music, technology, and a slightly off centered pop-culture remains. So, I decided to take a chance and with that spirit build chorus.fm. I hope for this to be a platform to write and share my passions with you, and with that, I also want to continue my vision of a community for music fans looking to connect with kindred spirits.

I send out a weekly newsletter that recaps the week in music and offers thoughts on music, media, and other cool stuff.
    Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1983 (Age: 41)
    Home Page:
    http://chorus.fm
    Job:
    Blogger, Opinion-Haver, Whatever
    Jason Tate
    Relationship:
    Married
    High-School:
    Tualatin High School
    College:
    University of Redlands
    Political Views:
    Progressive
    Threads:
    @jasontate
    Mastodon:
    mastodon.social/@jasontate
    Twitter:
    @jason_tate
    Facebook:
    jasonnealtate
    Instagram:
    jasontate
    Letterboxd:
    jasontate
    Trackt:
    jasontate83
    Discogs:
    chorusfm
    Cashtag:
    $chorus
    Apple Music:
    jasontate
    Last.fm:
    jasontate
    Soundcloud:
    absolutepunknet
    Untappd:
    jasontate
    Goodreads:
    30195904-jason-tate
    Favorite Albums:
    Brand New - 'Deja Entendu', The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds', Simon and Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers', Thrice - 'Vheissu', Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures', The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound', The 1975 - 'The 1975', Bon Iver - 'Bon Iver', Blink 182 - 'Dude Ranch'
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Friends, Parks and Recreation, Veronica Mars, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Doctor Who, You're the Worst, Nathan for You.
    Favorite Movies:
    The Dark Knight, Heat, Goodfellas, The Godfather II, Her, 2001: A Space Odyssey, LA Confidential, The Social Network, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite Books:
    The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin and Hobbes, On Writing Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius