Jason Tate
Jason Tate liner notes
    1. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 16, 2018
      Read in bed with the Kindle last night, I can't believe how happy I am with that thing. A device I never thought I wanted/needed and now I love it.
    2. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 16, 2018
      The first episode of 'Killing Eve' was good.
    3. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 15, 2018

I need these.
    4. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 14, 2018
      NBA playoffs and editing tos/privacy policy docs with a Bloody Mary; fun Saturday
    5. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 13, 2018
      Blah. Researching this GDPR shit and realizing I’m gonna have to re-write a lot of my privacy policy stuff. Fun.

Also the ‘ol RSI is really acting up today.
    6. Jason Tate
    7. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 11, 2018
      :groot:

I also added some new Marvel smilies to the comics section.
    8. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 11, 2018
      :yankees:

I added some new baseball logos to the smilie section of the website.
    9. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 10, 2018
      :blazers:

I added NBA logos to the smilie section of the website.
    10. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 9, 2018
      :trex:

I added some new smilies to the website.
    11. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 9, 2018
      Nice spring day today in Portland. Feeling in a punk-music mood.
    12. Jason Tate
    13. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 5, 2018
      I've decided to get into baseball more this year. No real reason besides that I love baseball and I I think having things to distract me from reading/watching the news is a good thing.
    14. Jason Tate
    15. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 4, 2018
      Finally deleting Facebook off my iOS devices. I never use it.
    16. Jason Tate
    17. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 3, 2018
      New avatar time. Going with some Super Mario this month.
    18. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 2, 2018
      If you learn that someone is speaking ill of you, don’t try to defend yourself against the rumours; respond instead with, ‘Yes, and he doesn’t know the half of it, because he could have said more.’
      - Enchiridion 33.9
    19. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Apr 2, 2018
      Not a fan of the new Lydia album.
    20. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 31, 2018
      I am loving the Switch. Mario Kart is so fucking good. What a great birthday gift.
    21. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 30, 2018
      Yeah, the new Kacey Musgraves album is good.
    22. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 28, 2018
      Websites that summarize other people's articles to the point where they're almost longer than the original piece piss me off. Knock that off. Just link to the original!

Alt Press does this all the time with long form writing from other sources. They just re-write the piece instead of sending a link to the original. Ticks me off.
    23. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 27, 2018
      I need a new social media photo. :-/
    24. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 27, 2018
      Feeling like it's time to go on a The Beatles binge.
    25. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 25, 2018
      When I start hating a movie and making fun of it Hannah gets annoyed. I shouldn’t start pointing out the flaws in awful movies until after. I feel bad. :-/
  • Recent Posts
  • About

I’m a writer, music enthusiast, web-developer, typography geek, and a coffee and beer snob. Sometime around 1996 I created absolutepunk.net — a music community to discuss under-appreciated music I loved. Over the next few years, it got popular. Then it got really popular. The goal of the website was to introduce people to new music and provide a community for people to discuss music that was not often heard in the mainstream. Oh, and for me to whine and moan about things I felt like to a chorus of “why is this news!?” posts.

In 2004, I (sold-out and) sold the company while staying on to keep running AP.net and manage a variety of other websites. My passion turned into a job and I drudged through the next few years frustrated. For a while I thought about walking away from the internet completely. However, my passion for music, technology, and a slightly off centered pop-culture remains. So, I decided to take a chance and with that spirit build chorus.fm. I hope for this to be a platform to write and share my passions with you, and with that, I also want to continue my vision of a community for music fans looking to connect with kindred spirits.

I send out a weekly newsletter that recaps the week in music and offers thoughts on music, media, and other cool stuff.
    Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1983 (Age: 41)
    Home Page:
    http://chorus.fm
    Job:
    Blogger, Opinion-Haver, Whatever
    Jason Tate
    Relationship:
    Married
    High-School:
    Tualatin High School
    College:
    University of Redlands
    Political Views:
    Progressive
    Threads:
    @jasontate
    Mastodon:
    mastodon.social/@jasontate
    Twitter:
    @jason_tate
    Facebook:
    jasonnealtate
    Instagram:
    jasontate
    Letterboxd:
    jasontate
    Trackt:
    jasontate83
    Discogs:
    chorusfm
    Cashtag:
    $chorus
    Apple Music:
    jasontate
    Last.fm:
    jasontate
    Soundcloud:
    absolutepunknet
    Untappd:
    jasontate
    Goodreads:
    30195904-jason-tate
    Favorite Albums:
    Brand New - 'Deja Entendu', The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds', Simon and Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers', Thrice - 'Vheissu', Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures', The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound', The 1975 - 'The 1975', Bon Iver - 'Bon Iver', Blink 182 - 'Dude Ranch'
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Friends, Parks and Recreation, Veronica Mars, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Doctor Who, You're the Worst, Nathan for You.
    Favorite Movies:
    The Dark Knight, Heat, Goodfellas, The Godfather II, Her, 2001: A Space Odyssey, LA Confidential, The Social Network, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite Books:
    The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin and Hobbes, On Writing Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius