Jason Tate
Jason Tate liner notes
    1. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 10, 2017
      Fuck it, I'm just going to write my own Xenforo/Wordpress bridge.
    2. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 10, 2017
      This coding project needs to be re-thought. It's just not working right. It's too complicated for something that should effectively be simple and transparent to users. Fuck.

Listening to Ed Sheeran while posting news today. Dunno why, just felt like it.
    3. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 6, 2017
      Another minor setback on my current coding project. Fuck. But, for the sake of security it's worth doing right.

Wish I woulda done this before launching the site. Having so many members makes it wayyyyyyyyy harder.
    4. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 5, 2017
      I want pie.
    5. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 5, 2017
      Watching Bond movies by hitting shuffle.

I always revert to my childhood I guess.
    6. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 5, 2017
      Fuck you software bugs.

Finally fixed one that's been driving me crazy. Close to finishing this project.
    7. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 5, 2017
      One of my fondest memories as a kid were summer vacation days when James Bond marathons would come on and I'd fall asleep on the couch watching a random one.
    8. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 4, 2017
      On episode 5 of 'Ozarks' and still enjoying it.
    9. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 2, 2017
      Lana Del Rey deserves to do a James Bond theme song. It would be perfect.
    10. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 1, 2017
      Very close to done with building a way to stop relying on PayPal for supporter payments in the forum and syncing everything with the main site.
    11. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Aug 1, 2017
      Finally got around to listening to the new Lana Del Rey. Enjoying.
    12. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 30, 2017
      Sunday night: where I have no idea what the fuck y'all are talking about when it's GOT on the internet hour.
    13. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 29, 2017
      I think I'm ready for fall. Feeling like growing an actual beard again this year.
    14. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 29, 2017
      The new Noah Gundersen album is dense. Good. Emotional. And dense.
    15. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 28, 2017
      Upgrading some of the forum spam defenses today.
    16. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 27, 2017
      First moment since November I actually feel a clean breath of air in my lungs.
    17. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 26, 2017
      This "supporter system combination" project is quite intensive. But it's so far very satisfying work — I think the end result will be quite worth it as well. Making the forums and main site's "systems" talk together and work together will be a big win if it can be seamless.
    18. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 25, 2017
      The new Propagandhi album is quite good. More melodic than I was expecting, but full of great songs. I'm going to be playing this quit a bit over the next few months. Needed it today.
    19. Jason Tate
    20. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 24, 2017
      Changing up my cover photo for the first time in a while. Going with a little Doctor Who reference.
    21. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 23, 2017
      I want a Pop Tart.
    22. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 23, 2017
      This 'Life in Pieces' show is pretty funny.
    23. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 23, 2017
      'Dunkirk' was relentless and loud and heart pounding. Totally worth seeing in IMAX.
    24. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jul 17, 2017
      "with our powers combined..."

Feel like Captain Planet over here working on combining the main website and forum's supporter/membership options. PayPal is the bane of my existence. Making progress, making progress.
    25. Jason Tate
  • Recent Posts
  • About

I’m a writer, music enthusiast, web-developer, typography geek, and a coffee and beer snob. Sometime around 1996 I created absolutepunk.net — a music community to discuss under-appreciated music I loved. Over the next few years, it got popular. Then it got really popular. The goal of the website was to introduce people to new music and provide a community for people to discuss music that was not often heard in the mainstream. Oh, and for me to whine and moan about things I felt like to a chorus of “why is this news!?” posts.

In 2004, I (sold-out and) sold the company while staying on to keep running AP.net and manage a variety of other websites. My passion turned into a job and I drudged through the next few years frustrated. For a while I thought about walking away from the internet completely. However, my passion for music, technology, and a slightly off centered pop-culture remains. So, I decided to take a chance and with that spirit build chorus.fm. I hope for this to be a platform to write and share my passions with you, and with that, I also want to continue my vision of a community for music fans looking to connect with kindred spirits.

I send out a weekly newsletter that recaps the week in music and offers thoughts on music, media, and other cool stuff.
    Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1983 (Age: 41)
    Home Page:
    http://chorus.fm
    Job:
    Blogger, Opinion-Haver, Whatever
    Jason Tate
    Relationship:
    Married
    High-School:
    Tualatin High School
    College:
    University of Redlands
    Political Views:
    Progressive
    Threads:
    @jasontate
    Mastodon:
    mastodon.social/@jasontate
    Twitter:
    @jason_tate
    Facebook:
    jasonnealtate
    Instagram:
    jasontate
    Letterboxd:
    jasontate
    Trackt:
    jasontate83
    Discogs:
    chorusfm
    Cashtag:
    $chorus
    Apple Music:
    jasontate
    Last.fm:
    jasontate
    Soundcloud:
    absolutepunknet
    Untappd:
    jasontate
    Goodreads:
    30195904-jason-tate
    Favorite Albums:
    Brand New - 'Deja Entendu', The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds', Simon and Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers', Thrice - 'Vheissu', Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures', The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound', The 1975 - 'The 1975', Bon Iver - 'Bon Iver', Blink 182 - 'Dude Ranch'
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Friends, Parks and Recreation, Veronica Mars, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Doctor Who, You're the Worst, Nathan for You.
    Favorite Movies:
    The Dark Knight, Heat, Goodfellas, The Godfather II, Her, 2001: A Space Odyssey, LA Confidential, The Social Network, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite Books:
    The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin and Hobbes, On Writing Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius