Jason Tate
Jason Tate liner notes
    1. morgantayler
      morgantayler Mar 13, 2016
      How do you put a background image like that on your profile? I can't figure it out.
      1. Jason Tate
        Jason Tate
        Mar 13, 2016
        morgantayler likes this.
      2. morgantayler
        morgantayler
        Oh ok, gotcha.
        Mar 13, 2016
        Jason Tate likes this.
      3. morgantayler
        morgantayler
        I ended up making one and I'm pretty proud of it.
        Mar 13, 2016
        Jason Tate likes this.
    2. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 12, 2016
      I have no reason for it but this damn kids playing basketball halftime show is making me emotional and I don't know why. They look like they're just having so much fun out there. Smiling and laughing. Is someone cutting onions in here?!
    3. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 12, 2016
      Had way too much fun putting together some more Star Wars emoji for the site today. :vader:
    4. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 11, 2016
    5. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 10, 2016
      Adding new emoji to the site tonight. Super excited about the very nerdy ones. :bb8:
    6. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 9, 2016
      I haven't seen 'Wall Street' in a long while, think I'm gonna watch that tonight. Past few days on the site have flown by.
    7. RedViolinist88
      RedViolinist88 Mar 8, 2016
      Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
      1. St. Nate and Jason Tate like this.
    8. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 8, 2016
      We've already passed 7,500 posts on the forums, almost up to 100 members, and we've barely just started. This is amazing. Turns out some design tweaks (and an awesome community) really does lead to lots of engagement in the threads.
    9. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 7, 2016
      I can't believe how hopping the forums are already, seriously blowing my expectations out of the water. I even find myself becoming lost for a few hours playing with things because of how easy it is to find new conversations and threads + how awesome the entire community has been these past few days. Just incredible. I'm still nervous about the future and this year, but less so, because of everyone here.
      1. Sophos and FTank like this.
    10. Jason Tate
    11. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 6, 2016
      In each of us there is another self we do not know.
    12. Jason Tate
    13. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 5, 2016
      Doooo you remembeerrrrr when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?
      1. Colby Searcy likes this.
      2. Colby Searcy
        Colby Searcy
        Still feel like that album is underrated.
        Mar 10, 2016
        Jason Tate likes this.
    14. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 5, 2016
      Ok, need sleep, can't wait to respond and see all the new posts here tomorrow.
    15. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 4, 2016
      Rediscovering The Menzinger's 'Rented World' tonight.
      1. Jake Jenkins likes this.
    16. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 2, 2016
      Started watching 'Billions' tonight -- this is the most "made for Jason" tv show I've seen in years. First two episodes are right in my wheelhouse.
    17. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 1, 2016
      Maximum emotion. Minimum facts. I'm ready for the Internet.
    18. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Mar 1, 2016
      I need to get out of the house and work from remote places more often.
    19. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 27, 2016
      Watched 'Room' tonight, I'll be over here crying if anyone needs me.
    20. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 27, 2016
      I irrationally hate the "sliders" Bank of America commercial guy.
    21. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 26, 2016
      Deadpool was fun.
    22. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 25, 2016
      Spent the night drinking beer, listening to the new 1975, and reading the legal motion in the Apple/FBI case. So a pretty good Thursday night.
    23. Jason Tate
    24. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 24, 2016
      I love that people love the new The 1975 like I do. Tonight, on AP.net, in that thread, is why I know making *this* site was the right move and taking a chance is what I had to do.
    25. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 19, 2016
      I see the moon, the moon sees me -- that's enough.
      1. stlngslbts likes this.
      2. nfdv2
        nfdv2
        fuck i can't wait
        Mar 4, 2016
        Jason Tate likes this.
  • Recent Posts
  • About

I’m a writer, music enthusiast, web-developer, typography geek, and a coffee and beer snob. Sometime around 1996 I created absolutepunk.net — a music community to discuss under-appreciated music I loved. Over the next few years, it got popular. Then it got really popular. The goal of the website was to introduce people to new music and provide a community for people to discuss music that was not often heard in the mainstream. Oh, and for me to whine and moan about things I felt like to a chorus of “why is this news!?” posts.

In 2004, I (sold-out and) sold the company while staying on to keep running AP.net and manage a variety of other websites. My passion turned into a job and I drudged through the next few years frustrated. For a while I thought about walking away from the internet completely. However, my passion for music, technology, and a slightly off centered pop-culture remains. So, I decided to take a chance and with that spirit build chorus.fm. I hope for this to be a platform to write and share my passions with you, and with that, I also want to continue my vision of a community for music fans looking to connect with kindred spirits.

I send out a weekly newsletter that recaps the week in music and offers thoughts on music, media, and other cool stuff.
    Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1983 (Age: 41)
    Home Page:
    http://chorus.fm
    Job:
    Blogger, Opinion-Haver, Whatever
    Jason Tate
    Relationship:
    Married
    High-School:
    Tualatin High School
    College:
    University of Redlands
    Political Views:
    Progressive
    Threads:
    @jasontate
    Mastodon:
    mastodon.social/@jasontate
    Twitter:
    @jason_tate
    Facebook:
    jasonnealtate
    Instagram:
    jasontate
    Letterboxd:
    jasontate
    Trackt:
    jasontate83
    Discogs:
    chorusfm
    Cashtag:
    $chorus
    Apple Music:
    jasontate
    Last.fm:
    jasontate
    Soundcloud:
    absolutepunknet
    Untappd:
    jasontate
    Goodreads:
    30195904-jason-tate
    Favorite Albums:
    Brand New - 'Deja Entendu', The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds', Simon and Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers', Thrice - 'Vheissu', Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures', The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound', The 1975 - 'The 1975', Bon Iver - 'Bon Iver', Blink 182 - 'Dude Ranch'
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Friends, Parks and Recreation, Veronica Mars, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Doctor Who, You're the Worst, Nathan for You.
    Favorite Movies:
    The Dark Knight, Heat, Goodfellas, The Godfather II, Her, 2001: A Space Odyssey, LA Confidential, The Social Network, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite Books:
    The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin and Hobbes, On Writing Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius