Jason Tate
Jason Tate liner notes
    1. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 19, 2016
    2. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 17, 2016
      The best piece of advice I got in the last few months: "Not everything that's worth saying is worth saying by oneself." I find myself often feeling like I need to to SPEAK when I should instead be highlighting the words of others.
    3. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 14, 2016
      I'd be really good being the filter / social media approver for artists and bands.
    4. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 14, 2016
      I don't understand where all these bots come on Twitter. I see an influx anytime I post now and it's all egg accounts.
      1. Dirty Sanchez likes this.
    5. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 10, 2016
      The shit insurance companies get away with feels almost criminal at times.
    6. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 10, 2016
      We've passed 1,000 posts on the site before it's even launched. Not too shabby for a beta test.
      1. Jason Tate
        Jason Tate
        @schlotty Haha, that's amazing. I've been trying to think what the next "wave" of beta testers should be.
        Feb 10, 2016
    7. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 7, 2016
      Broncos. Super Bowl champs. I guess this year will be alright after all.
    8. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 7, 2016
      Sometimes I feel a strange current of hyper masculinity that rears its head when talking about The 1975. Some men being scared to admit to liking a pop-band isn't new, but also I get this feeling in my gut that some are scared of admitting to being turned on by a front man that fucks with gender norms, that looks that good and doesn't give a shit if you don't think it's cool. There's a bro mentality that sits below the surface of the vitriol, the wishes of death upon the band for having the sheer audacity to play music. If anyone thinks that's a value meal version of music, they don't fucking know music.
    9. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 7, 2016
      You can complain about Apple products or services all you want, but I'm sitting here at midnight and a notification shows up my iMac saying my aunt has shared a photo album with me of her and my mom's trip to South Korea to visit my cousin (and first cousin once removed). I click it, Photos.app opens, and I see hundreds of photos and videos from the otherside of the world. Half of them are live photos and it's the best moment I've had all weekend.
    10. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 6, 2016
      1. lightning13 likes this.
    11. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 6, 2016
      Late last night I decided that I do think the new website should have a release date calendar of some kind. I think it's beneficial if updated and done in conjunction with a weekly post + forum thread for people to converse and congregate around. I want to see if I can do the whole thing without having to use a database on the backend but still be easy to update and get albums into and out of it. So, that's going to be my Saturday -- let's see what comes out.
    12. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 5, 2016
      I should be sleeping. I think I finished the last part of the content side of the website today. It's crazy with how many plugins the WordPress Community has -- how many of them suck. They're just badly written or don't quite do what they should. I just ended up doing what I usually do when I can't find something that works and wrote my own. I'm really happy with how this is coming along. It's familiar and clean, but I definitely went for a unique feel as well. (I didn't want everything to look like you'd seen it before.) Now to stock up on stock images (hey!) and watch some Jane the Virgin with a beer.
      1. Craig Manning likes this.
      2. Craig Manning
        Craig Manning
        Wooooot
        Feb 5, 2016
    13. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 4, 2016
      I somehow forgot Cartel released an acoustic album. I never listened to it and can't find it on Apple Music.
    14. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 2, 2016
      Beer and TV. In bed before 1am, feeling good about myself. Plus: got myself some new sheets after my fitted sheet literally split in two. #adulting
    15. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 1, 2016
      I count five trademark™ symbols on the front of my washing machine. Most on common terms like "Bright Whites" and "Steam" -- is this really necessary?
    16. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Feb 1, 2016
      Why did no one tell me 'Jane the Virgin' was really good?
    17. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 31, 2016
      Tonight it's all about a Godfather re-watch. One hell of a movie, God damn.
    18. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 30, 2016
      Watching 'Batman: Bad Blood' tonight. And humming T. Swift with a couple of beers. Not a bad evening.
      1. Jason Tate
        Jason Tate
        It was pretty good. One of the better animated movies. Now on to The 100.
        Jan 30, 2016
    19. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 30, 2016
      I'd pay extra money for a Vitale-less basketball feed.
    20. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 29, 2016
      "Your eyes were full of regret, and then you took a picture of your salad, and put it on the Internet."
    21. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 28, 2016
      In college I got known as the "computer guy," so in business classes whenever something with the technology would break, the professor would ask me to fix it. It was usually something super easy and simple to fix but I got in the habit of just doing it all from a command prompt because it looked so much more difficult and nerdy/hackery to do. Pretty sure that raised my grade in multiple classes by gleaning favor from the professor.
    22. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 27, 2016
      Thank you to whoever recommended Fisherman's Friend throat lozenges to me. They got me through podcast recording last night with this annoying sore throat.
    23. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 26, 2016
      Time to start a re-watch of Brooklyn 99, this show makes me happy.
    24. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 26, 2016
      "If I'm lost, then how can I find myself?" ... the new The 1975 album is good, it's really good.
    25. Jason Tate
      Jason Tate Jan 25, 2016
      I've seen a lot of basketball in my life, I've never seen anything quite like the Warriors and Steph Curry this year.
  • Recent Posts
  • About

I’m a writer, music enthusiast, web-developer, typography geek, and a coffee and beer snob. Sometime around 1996 I created absolutepunk.net — a music community to discuss under-appreciated music I loved. Over the next few years, it got popular. Then it got really popular. The goal of the website was to introduce people to new music and provide a community for people to discuss music that was not often heard in the mainstream. Oh, and for me to whine and moan about things I felt like to a chorus of “why is this news!?” posts.

In 2004, I (sold-out and) sold the company while staying on to keep running AP.net and manage a variety of other websites. My passion turned into a job and I drudged through the next few years frustrated. For a while I thought about walking away from the internet completely. However, my passion for music, technology, and a slightly off centered pop-culture remains. So, I decided to take a chance and with that spirit build chorus.fm. I hope for this to be a platform to write and share my passions with you, and with that, I also want to continue my vision of a community for music fans looking to connect with kindred spirits.

I send out a weekly newsletter that recaps the week in music and offers thoughts on music, media, and other cool stuff.
    Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1983 (Age: 41)
    Home Page:
    http://chorus.fm
    Job:
    Blogger, Opinion-Haver, Whatever
    Jason Tate
    Relationship:
    Married
    High-School:
    Tualatin High School
    College:
    University of Redlands
    Political Views:
    Progressive
    Threads:
    @jasontate
    Mastodon:
    mastodon.social/@jasontate
    Twitter:
    @jason_tate
    Facebook:
    jasonnealtate
    Instagram:
    jasontate
    Letterboxd:
    jasontate
    Trackt:
    jasontate83
    Discogs:
    chorusfm
    Cashtag:
    $chorus
    Apple Music:
    jasontate
    Last.fm:
    jasontate
    Soundcloud:
    absolutepunknet
    Untappd:
    jasontate
    Goodreads:
    30195904-jason-tate
    Favorite Albums:
    Brand New - 'Deja Entendu', The Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds', Simon and Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers', Thrice - 'Vheissu', Jimmy Eat World - 'Futures', The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound', The 1975 - 'The 1975', Bon Iver - 'Bon Iver', Blink 182 - 'Dude Ranch'
    Favorite TV Shows:
    Friends, Parks and Recreation, Veronica Mars, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Batman: The Animated Series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Doctor Who, You're the Worst, Nathan for You.
    Favorite Movies:
    The Dark Knight, Heat, Goodfellas, The Godfather II, Her, 2001: A Space Odyssey, LA Confidential, The Social Network, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite Books:
    The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin and Hobbes, On Writing Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius