Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At The Drive In – “Governed by Contagions”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Reminds me of something I'd hear on the radio ten years ago

3. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Appreciating it. Crazy Cedric can still manage this lower range so well when all of his post ATDI material has been higher.

4. MattNCheeze

Trusted

well tickle my pickle..

5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

[​IMG]

6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

That was really good. Definitely a bit bummed Jim isn't involved, but these guys are clearly doing this because they want to and I really appreciate that. When can I buy this record? Take my 10,000 Kola Nuts now!

Bartek T. and mattylikesfilms like this.
  8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

holy shit

it's real

TheZeroKid and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty salty Jim isn't part of this but man this sounds good! Never thought this day would come either to be honest.

10. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Ewwwww.

No.

Just leave it.

I thought this reunion needed to happen. I was soooo wrong.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

WOAH HOLD THE FUCK UP.

RISE got this??? Shit. That's unreal.

bertbro likes this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This is really good. Sucks that Jim left, but if he wasn't into it, then I'd rather him not force it and stay involved

13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Cedric sounds terrible but it's there musically.

14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

They really nailed their old sound. I'm very happy with this.

15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

wow I was very reluctant when I heard they were recording again especially after they had issues again on tour but I am very satisfied with this!

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Into it. I'd rather get a new Mars Volta record, but still excited

goation and yeahrightdude like this.
  17. Tater Tot

How many licks does it take?

18. goation

Regular

I just can't get into ATDI that much. I am opposite of most people and got into The Mars Volta before ATDI. They just seem so underwhelming comparatively. I know they are different genres I just like The Mars Volta a lot more.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Did Jim leave? I was always curious if he left or was kicked out.

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty cool. Music & lyrics great, Cedric's voice the weak part on first listen - but who cares, they're back!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  21. Song rips - they back

22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

holy shit

I love this so much

23. torres

Regular

For those bummed about Jim Ward not being a part of this. It wouldn't be the first ATDI record without Jim.

El Gran Orgo didn't have Jim on it either, and that EP was solid.

Sure, having Jim would be great, but it's not the end of the world to not have him with ATDI anymore.

Nevertheless, I respect everyone's thoughts on the matter, and I hope I don't offend anyone here in thinking ATDI should be fine without Jim. If I offend anyone in here, I do apologize.

Past experiences give me a bit of stress in posting my opinions on this forum.

24. ANTEMASQUE

He left. He has other obligations like running his restaurant .

He also stated at one of his recent solo shows that he has his heart in his music. that his music is what keeps him going. he loves making music.

But then for like the third time he exits ATDI. he seems like a prick to me.

25. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

I dont know. Sometimes i just need my music to be a bit more straightforward. I can pretty much always put ATDI on. The Mars Volta i have to be in the mood for that. I find it so difficult to compare as i think the world needs both.

I think i am in the minority not digging thos tune though. This think some of it is down to the production. While their earlier rcords were rough and ready. Ross Robinson did such a great job on Relationship of Command in cleaning everything up the withut taking away the power. This just dounds flat to me.