Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jim Adkins on You Made it Weird

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Say what now?! This will be some mandatory listening!

3. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

This is my favorite podcast. I love Pete Holmes.

ianzandi likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Fav musician on my fav cast. Saving this for a flight tomorrow.

5. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I love this podcast! And Pete's HBO special Faces and Sounds is great too! This episode is pretty interesting...lots of early band tidbits

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

nice going to listen

7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

still have a half hour left in it, but this has been an absolutely fantastic interview

8. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think the interview had great opportunity to be really special, and overall was. However, it felt like Pete knew nothing about Jim or his band aside from them making Bleed American. He cut Jim off constantly so it made it tough for Jim to explain what was on his mind.

I still really enjoyed it because Jim went into how Jimmy Eat World came to be, how they got where they are, and he talked about his recovery. He discussed a lot of cool things. I've literally never in my life seen a Jimmy Eat World interview I don't think, so it's nice to be able to fill in the gaps in my mind a bit.

Thanks for posting it!

Steven Suarez likes this.
  9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Pete is so fucking annoying.

10. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

His appearance on the Andy Greenwald podcast last month was really good too - especially because they have history from Andy touring with Jimmy Eat World when writing his book.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I'll have to check this out, any tips on how best to find that episode. I typed in the name to the iTunes podcast app and don't really know which show this is on

12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

You should find it on "The Watch" podcast feed. That's the other podcast Andy does with Chris Ryan regarding television, movies and music, but his Andy Greenwald Podcast interviews go up on that feed too. It's dated October 26th. Hope that helps!

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

found it! thanks! looking forward to this for my commute home today

14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is great