Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Circle’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. So excited to follow James Ponsoldt's directing career coming off of last year's The End of the Tour.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

That dude is on a roll. And now I wish Tom Hanks had played Steve Jobs because asshole Hanks is something I need to see again.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. What other mean roles has he played?

I do enjoy when he's snarky though, even playfully mean in movies like You've Got Mail. He can be so awful to people and make it entirely lovable, haha

5. Man, I love Eggers but thought this book was shallow and predictable. Dystopian fiction just isn't as good as it was back with Huxley and Orwell.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Jason Tate Dec 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2016)
    Have you read Wool by Howey? Pretty great dystopian fiction. The Maze Runner series is pretty good too for a YA version. The Children of Men came out in 1992. Philip K Dick isn't that old. The Road was 2006. Orwell is one of my favorites ever, but there's been some good stuff out there in the past 30-40 years.

I thought this book was pretty good. Well written, realistic tech just on the edge of what we could do right now. Characters were shallow, but I think that mirrored the world they were living in. I liked it more than I thought I would all-in-all.

My PartiRank just went up.

7. carlosonthedrums

Snarky is a better word for it, yeah. Some of his early roles in the '80s had him playing nice guys that leaned more on the douchey side, and if he ever channeled that into a person who has few redeemable characterstics, that would be quite a sight to see. I love him as America's dad, but it'd be great to watch him tackle something like what Robin Williams did in One Hour Photo or Insomnia.

8. Those are great Williams movies! Did you ever see World's Greatest Dad?

9. carlosonthedrums

I did, shortly after he passed. Broke my damn heart. I went on a binge of so many of his movies afterward, and that was one of the many that brought me to tears. The Fisher King also wrecked me. I don't think I've ever been hit as hard by a an actor's passing with the exception of Heath Ledger and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

10. Yeah, I'd been watching and rewatching Good Will Hunting over and over again pretty close before his death, so that was odd. Hoffman hit me too--he was my favorite living actor. Hurts to not be able to call him that anymore.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  11. timcsheehan

Regular

You had me at Emma Watson. Then you had me again at Tom Hanks. Then you started bragging with John Boyega.

12. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Anybody getting a Antitrust feel from this trailer? The movie with Ryan Phillippe and Tim Robbins...

13. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Thanks for the reference/suggestion on The End of the Tour. Had not heard of it until I saw your post. Watched it over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Will be checking out The Circle too.

14. Awesome! Happy to hear it! It was one of my favorite films of last year, for sure.