Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake Tops Spotify’s Most Streamed List of 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Drake is Spotify’s most streamed artist for the second year in a row.

“Drake has been unstoppable this year – he’s a true global superstar,” said Stefan Blom, Spotify’s Chief Content & Chief Strategy Officer. ”With the top album and the top song this year, as well as his successful Summer Sixteen tour, Drake continues to engage his fans in a way that only Drake can; it’s no surprise he is dominating the music industry.”

Panic! at the Disco grabs the most emo plays.

2. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Not trying to be a stickler here, but it really bothers me that Panic is considered emo and not pop.

goation likes this.
  3. defmytones

Regular

Agreed. There isn't anything "emo" about his last album.

I'm still surprised that term is still relevant almost coming to 2017.

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The emerging 2016 genres section confused me so much. Are these actually real genres???

5. ABrandNewFireInside

For your health!

Pop music nestles further into the crusty garbage can it's called home since....

6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Yeah, panic is not emo lol

7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Drake sucks, and it sucks harder that there are actually tools that think Brendon's one-man pop crap is "emo". Thought we were past this.

8. steve187

drake also grabs the most emo plays*