Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing – “Indica” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Foxing have released their video for “Indica.”

Initially I wrote a version of the video that closely played off the subject matter of the lyrics. The idea of music videos depicting what’s being sang is, as a matter of personal taste, traditionally something we’ve shied away from; however, the song is so direct that it seemed impossible to go any other way with it. That specific treatment ended up being pulled for reasons unrelated to the content, and since I had already tackled the most direct approach, I decided to go for something completely unrelated to war and post traumatic stress disorder. At the time I was watching a lot of espionage movies, like Sneakers, The Lives of Others, and The Conversation, you know, and I became obsessed with the idea these surveillance operators; specifically how their one sided relationship with their subjects would affect them. It really wasn’t until the video was completely finished that I realized how close the video parallels my struggle with coming home from war; every character depicts an aspect, or a fragment of the whole. I didn’t mean for that to happen and it really affected me when I saw what we made.

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Love that these guys seem to have a hand in everything they put out. I know that's got to be the case for smaller bands, but it really feels like they care, and I think that's something they're not going to lose

3. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

I love the video, love the new version of the song. These guys can honestly do no wrong.

4. Walkabout

Regular

ayyyyy 420

5. robargarthan

Incredible video, but not too into the new version of the song.

6. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere to buy/download the new version?