Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember’s Lawsuit Completes; Band Awarded $4 Million Verdict

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Law 360 is reporting that A Day to Remember has been freed from their Victory Records’ contract and awarded a $4 million verdict.

An Illinois federal jury released Florida-based rock band A Day To Remember from a 2006 recording contract Tuesday, finding that the band had fulfilled the five-album deal and awarding its members $4 million in withheld proceeds from music and merchandise sales.

Following a two-week jury trial and a day and a half of deliberations, an eight-person jury returned a multipage verdict that largely favored the band, also known by the initials ADTR, in a legal dispute against record label Victory Records Inc. that began in 2011.

Amber likes this.
  2. don't fret

Good for these guys, fuck Victory

Schooner, Anthony_D'Elia and Amber like this.
  3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I assume they've racked up some serious legal fees, so assume most of that $4 million will go towards that? If not, that's a huge chunk of money for the guys, haha; well deserved too

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Wonderful news.

5. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Good.

6. This is way too cool.

I realize a lot of that money will probably go back to cover legal fees, but I hope their families feel "set" for a long time.

7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

good to hear

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I think they were already pretty set before this. Band rakes in the dollars.

Schooner likes this.
  9. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

In some bizarre, humorous way this feels like the end of an era. All of my memories of ADTR involve being at odds with Victory.

Schooner likes this.
  10. Ha. True.

In that case, they should share the love with younger bands!! hahah

11. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I'd love to go to that after party.

12. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I absolutely love this band, but it bothers me that they consider live videos and such as "albums"

Schooner likes this.
  13. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I wonder what the attorney fees are. Either way Fuck you Tony Brummel ya bald headed ass. Glad to see him defeated and ADTR getting a victory.

14. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I'm sure they were being smart with their money in the event the ruling went the other way and they owed this guy something. Good for them! Hopefully a big sigh of relief!

15. GhostOverground

All dollars aside, I bet it is awesome for them to just not having this cloud hanging over their heads. Five years is a long time to have your livelihood entangled with this lawsuit. Good for ADTR.

Schooner likes this.
  16. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I cannot believe this lawsuit was still going on, I feel like this happened while I was still in high school and I've since graduated uni lol. Regardless, glad these guys are finally free of any obligations to this brutal label

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Holy shitballs. Victory sucks as a label.

18. Amber

ambsgotback

Wow! Well-deserved. Congrats to the ADTR boys on being free from that bald-headed Satan.

19. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

LOL RIP Victory Records.

Amber likes this.
  20. josh1279

ADTR has been working since 2011 with no royalities or merch money from TB...good for them that they didn't have to give up on the lawsuit because they ran out of money. I've read that ADTR gets 4 million, composition rights to their songs, have fulfilled their contract, and are free from TB. They've won quite a bit, even if they have to pay for lawyers. Congrats ADTR!

Amber likes this.
  21. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Does Victory even have 4 million in the bank?

22. ARo24

Regular

Eat shit Tony. Really glad to see ADTR came out on top.

23. CMilliken

Trusted

Great news!!

24. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This makes me happy.

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Good for them. Although the I did just bought more of the vinyl from Victory's webstore...