Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce The Veil – “Dive In” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

One of the few good songs on this record.

3. CMilliken

Trusted

Best song on that album.

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I won't bash you too much because you're the reason I heard this record and let PTV take over my life again, but....

Wrong, whole thing is great except Today I Saw The Whole World which has some good parts.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really? The band wrote a record to cater to their younger fan base instead of progressing in my opinion. I dig "Dive in", "Floral and Fading", "Phantom Power", "Sambuka", and oddly enough "Whole World" but only cause that mid point groove ("can you feeeeel it") is dope.

The fact that it took Vic years (record was instrumentally done two years prior to the release) to write these lyrics as well is just... silly.

I was just pretty impressed with Collide and expected the next record to be even more of a progression but it feels like a carbon copy of Selfish Machines IMO.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Selfish Machines is probably their best, and I'd say CWTS is easily their worst despite having two of their best songs, but when that record gets dull, it gets really dull.

I kinda get that this is more energetic and poppy and probably easier to appeal to younger fans, buy I don't think that affects the quality much at all. Just a fun record all around, a lot of little treats in it, I have a blast with it.

And you're right about the groove, damn.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well we're definitely on opposite sides of opinion on this band since I think CWTS is their best haha. All good though!

That groove and the guitar solo in Phantom always get me stoked.

8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Ahhh everyone seems to think that. I think Hold On Til May and I'm Low on Gas are incredible, Match Into water, Bulls, and Hell Above are pretty good, but everything else is iffy to snooze.

Phantom Power tho

mattylikesfilms likes this.