Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West Cancels All Remaining Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. His life is so perplexing.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

I genuinely wish he wasn't such a (IMO) creative genius. The guy is an absolute tool with the things he says and does, but I can't help but love his music.

4. Definitely for the best. The past couple weeks have been very tough for me on a personal level and his music helps me get through so much. The other day, I thought I would have to be finished with him, and that was really painful for me (and I know that's selfish). But after some reevaluation, I truly believe he is going through something I cannot claim to know about enough to pass judgement. Following the way the media treated Kim's mugging paired with how long he's been on tour, I'm not surprised that he's having such a hard time. He is an adult and is fully accountable for the things he says, but he is also a human being, and for all of his struggles with mental health, I truly empathize.

Spenny, tshreve, morken and 7 others like this.
  5. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

A far more compassionate outlook on this. Definitely think you're right.

molassescookies and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. CheapPop

Regular

This dude obviously needs some sort of help. I love the dude, he's one of my favorite rappers of all time, but the ranting and stuff has got to stop.

I don't blame anyone who payyed for his shows to be upset. I would be too. At the same time, hopefully he gets off your and gets the help he needs.

7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure at what point Kanye being opinionated turned into him needing help. I don't know if i just don't follow him closely enough or what and I'm sure Kim's mugging affected him but I also don't think rants are indicative of mental instability. That said, if he needs to take time off tour, he should, and he's the only one that can say for sure that he needs time off, so clearly he must need it.

8. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I wonder what it'd be like living in Kanye's head for a day.

9. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

He's been hospitalized...

[​IMG]

10. Iamhollywood315

Regular

bit off more than he can chew. Blink 182 and bands were able to do a tour from july to october no problem meanwhile ego maniac here can't keep up with touring grind. he probably lost his mind from him being him. and I'm still calling BS on that Kim K robbery. I don't believe it wasn't staged so thats no excuse for him

11. ...and the bad users on AP continue to be bad users on Chorus. no surprise there.

12. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

imagine being this shitty

Arry, tshreve, SuNDaYSTaR and 7 others like this.
  13. I hope he'll be okay soon, I don't know much about Kanye and haven't listened to enough of his music (that'll change) but I've heard he struggles with mental illness so I really do hope he'll be feeling better soon. Thinking of him and his family

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Over it and him. How can you treat your fans like that? The ones who made you the megastar you are..

Hopefully he gets the help he needs

15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I flash in and out of liking his music. It's weird. Hopefully he gets the help he needs, and gets back on his feet soon.

16. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

17. mikalcheuk

legend. that is agency right there if you ask me. and rmb, he is an artist, not a product. he can do whatever he wants.

molassescookies likes this.
  18. mikalcheuk

you are singularising kanye's fans. for a pop-cult artist like kanye...he has a multifaceted fanbase...and a good part of his following (most likely the devout ones) just wants kanye to be kanye, instead of being the media-constructed "Kanye West"

19. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

hope he gets the help he needs. love his music but he's done a lot of harm with his platform

Turkeylegz likes this.
  20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

He's on some very dangerous drugs, I guarantee it.

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's some really shitty baseless speculation

22. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Baseless? I used to be a basehead. Clean now. I will own you w/ my knowledge of symptoms of drug abuse.

23. Shordeli

Yeah. Baseless. You literally have no idea what the hell you're talking about as far as HIS drug use is concerned.