Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Talk Lost Album With NME

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day talked a little with NME about their lost album, Cigarettes and Valentines:

“It’s pretty much in the vault right now,” Armstrong told NME. “There was the one song, ‘Cigarettes and Valentine’ that we brought out live, I don’t know, we’ll see if any of that stuff ends up seeing the light of day.”

2. heavyd

I would love to hear that album.

Raku and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

WOW a album between Kerplunk and Insomniac. That would be great to hear.

Raku likes this.
  4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Just release it dangit.

Raku likes this.
  5. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I always thought the album was that The Network album.

6. razorburn

Trusted

Would love to hear this.

Raku likes this.
  7. ianzandi

Regular

Seeing them play a live free concert for Kimmel on Monday. So stoked

Turkeylegz likes this.
  8. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I don't get the whole "lost album" concept. Like yeah we have an entire record that our fans are dying to here, let's just keep that shit locked up and tease about it in interviews.

I'm looking at you, Deftones.

Carmensaopaulo and Raku like this.
  9. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Eros was never actually finished.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Warning and American idiot?

Daniel182 likes this.
  11. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Pretty amazing that whoever stole those recordings years ago never uploaded em online after all this time.

12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Chino said it was basically done, but he didn't know how he felt about releasing it after Chi

13. Damien Davies Nov 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2016)
    Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Only about six songs were completed for Eros. Chino said that the instrumental portions were probably 75-80% done while the lyrics were about halfway completed, requiring about six more months of work to finish.

What they worked on after they finally got back into the studio turned into Diamond Eyes.
    The SPIN Interview: Deftones | SPIN

14. Fox83

Trusted

I'm still not convinced that anyone has it. I also don't think that the album they recorded doesn't exist on some level within the six albums that they wrote after it was scrapped/stolen. I guess my point is that I don't think there's a fully realized Green Day album out there anymore.

Davjs likes this.
  15. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

16. motifsinthecity Nov 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2016)
    motifsinthecity

I wish they would re-record the good ones and do a quick release for fans--like when they put out Demolicious for Record Store Day. I don't buy the "we don't want to look backwards" mentality when they admit to reworking Youngblood for Revolution Radio.

That said, I'm skeptical that this would've been "Kerplunk meets Insomniac." The title track could have definitely fit on any of their first 4 albums, but I thought I remember hearing that Too Much Too Soon, Olivia, and Walk Away were all written during these sessions as well. Of those 4 songs (Cigarettes & Valentines included), only half really touch on that vibe. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good set of songs, I just wonder about how committed they would be to that sound.

tl;dr, I just wanna hear post-Warning/pre-American Idiot Green Day and my copy of Shenanigans is worn out (most of which is older than that period anyway).

Raku likes this.
  17. Raku

Regular

This, I would love for them to go back to that.