Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No Doubt/AFI Group Announce New Name: Dreamcar

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This project could potentially be cool? I mean Davey Havok can sing.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Completely forgot about this.

4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Didn't like the name in the moment I heard it but liked it more immediately afterwards.

5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Really have no expectations or interest in this project. I love Davey and AFI, but I have never been much of a No Doubt or Gwen fan. Not trying to discredit what they have done, just not my thing, musically. If I had to guess this will be an '80s new wave pop kind of sound. I don't think Davey would do another punk/hardcore band with AFI and the vegan hardcore band. He has an electronic-based band with Jade and he does not like ska-punk. I could see No Doubt members with the way their sound has moved towards pop taking on some of the '80s influence that has come back and do a new wave/Smiths kind of band.

Kuri44 likes this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

According to a comment from Tom, they finished recording around 2 months ago.

7. Michael Schmidt

So, if I am following those tweets right, I got this sound pegged, correct haha?

Dan O'Neill and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Sounds like it :-)

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  9. Michael Schmidt

Maybe it will appeal to me because I love Davey's voice and am a sucker for '80s pop music. That said, I don't really listen to much Smiths or Morrissey, which most people here and Brand New would judge/look down on. I can't say I blame them, but none of it has ever clicked with me haha.

Kuri44 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm looking forward to it. I think it'll be great. Hopefully we get a song sooner rather than later. Crazy how we're getting TWO albums ft. Davey within I'm assuming a 4-5 month span.

11. Michael Schmidt

Yeah, I was really hoping this No Doubt thing would have happened in 2016 so they could have done their touring and been ready to push AFI in 2017. I really don't like how this will take away from pushing both projects, unless the Dreamcar project is going to be a studio entity. I know AFI doesn't tour hard anymore, but the idea of splitting projects in the same year just feels weird.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Lifelong No Doubt fan, huge AFI fan and I hate 80s nostalgia music. No idea if I'm going to like this.

13. fbrrocks

Trusted

14. skaorsk8

About time this resurfaced! I mean, you can't just announce something like that and then leave us hanging for months and months with nothing...!

I am hopeful for a No Doubt tour but I feel like it's going to be a while until the guys work through their issues with Gwen. Her playing No Doubt songs on tour did not help things.

Didn't know AFI didn't tour, would actually be interested in seeing them live so I hope that changes in the future.