Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Presidents of the United States of America Break Up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Definitely did a double take on this post. Lol

3. delvec19

Trusted

Probably haven't done anything in 10 years and just randomly announced this because Trump got elected.

4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I knew I should have seen them when I had the chance in 1996

In all seriousness though the album with Lump on it is actually pretty good

5. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Seems appropriate

RileyWitiw likes this.
  6. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

They're moving to the country

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I'll never forget being 13 and completely confused by the fact that the guitarist played an axe with three strings and the bassist only two. Good run, guys.

8. thewmaynes

http://johnnymainstream.bandcamp.com

II was a great album. I never released that they got back together after Pure Frosting.

9. latortuga

Regular

As a parent, I find Chris Ballew's work as Caspar Babypants really exceptional. The guy can seriously crank out dangerously catchy and silly children's songs.

10. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Bummer, would have liked to have seen them at some point.

11. xenoabe

Regular

They were one of the first albums I bought as a teenager. Fun band in concert and Chris is exceptionally nice.

12. ioev

I'm a kid I'm a squid

I remember funding their album Tiny Explosions, way way way back before crowdfunding was a thing. I like everything they've ever done, but "II" and Pure Frosting were my definitely favourites. Sad to see em go!

13. Raku

Regular

The sad/funny thing is that just the other day I recommended this band to someone who have never heard of them before =/

It's a shame too because they were one of those bands that even when/if they don't announce a new album/ep, I'm always anticipating them to release something... Hopefully sometime in the future they'll get back together and release an ep or album (or maybe they could just release some unreleased material?)