Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hopesfall Reunite for New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Tylar

Holy shit this is great, very unexpected but awesome news nonetheless. The Satellite Years is still one of my favorites

DeRRek likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

One of my all time favorite bands, so underrated and just so influential on me. Can't wait to see these guys live.

4. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Was anyone able to grab The Satellite Years? It says it's not available. Did they already sell out? I just grabbed A Types

DeRRek likes this.
  5. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

I was able to get it early yesterday, but apparently it was sold out by last night.

crunchprank likes this.
  6. crunchprank

Ah bummer. Well thanks for the info!

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Surprised but not surprised, it's one of the best hardcore/post-hardcore records ever

8. waymorethanbefore

Dewbie

Holy fuck! I love everything these guys did. This is amazing.

9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

omg

I randomly listened to A Types the other day and wondered what happened to these guys. Such great news.

10. crunchprank

I meant to also ask, is Jay part of the reunion? I'm sure it's somewhere in that Facebook post but I'm just blind and don't see it. I caught them on the Hopesfall / codeseven reunion at Ziggy's a few years ago - would have been great if Jay had been there.

11. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yea Jay is definitely on it, it wouldn't be the same without him...

12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Yeah he is, without him it's not .hopesfall. They really had two versions of the band. The crap ton of lineup changes w/Doug on vocals, then after Jay came it was the same band basically with Adam coming and going then coming back

crunchprank likes this.
  13. Icynova

They've been doing reunion talks but it's never involved Jay. I'm hoping Jay is a part of it this time.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I always love it when bands (successfully) reinvent their artwork for a pressing. These look great!

Ryan likes this.
  15. EricSoundUSA

words arent sufficient. thank you universe for listening to my prayers.

16. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

This made my day, gonna give Magnetic North a spin. Love that record!

Ryan likes this.
  17. jciswhatis Nov 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2016)
    jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Yeah the actual press release that EV put out has the band members listed and it has Jay and Josh. To me Josh is more important than Jay but great they are both there!

18. dzyjay

Regular

This is one band I never listened to that I probably should have. Where should I begin?

19. FFTSjason

I grabbed it a few days ago when this initially went online. They had a bundle with all 3 that sold out super quick too.

20. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

The Satellite Years, it's one of the best hardcore/melodic hardcore records ever and it's probably .hopesfalls. signature record. It's beautiful

21. AutopilotYears

Regular

fuck yes... Magnetic North is one of the best post hardcore records ever. so glad i can finally own it on vinyl.

also for those curious, they list the reunion lineup on their website:

News – hopesfall

can't wait to see what they come up with on this new album

Ryan likes this.
  22. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Love seeing this band get this much attention here

23. DeRRek

Trusted

I was the same. Tried to get the satellite years in the afternoon but was sold out. Gutted. Really wanted that one on vinyl. The new artwork is cool too

24. sayitaintjoe

yeah this is going to be incredible. i hope they announce some tour dates. happy they were finally able to get away from trustkill.