Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twitter Rolls Out New Anti-Harassment Tools

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Twitter is finally rolling out some new anti-harassment tools. Buzzfeed has a good look at what probably would have been nice to have before Nazi-frogs took over the platform during the election:

As such, Twitter also announced it will add a new “hateful conduct” reporting option (when users report an “abusive or harmful” tweet, they’ll now see an option for “directing hate against a race, religion, gender, or orientation”). Similarly, the company is adding new “extensive” internal training for its support teams that deal with hateful harassment. According to the company, its Safety team support staff will undergo “special sessions on cultural and historical contextualization of hateful conduct” as well as refresher programs that will track how hate speech and abuse evolve on the platform (a necessary step, as many trolls have begun to create their own hateful code language with which to bypass traditional censors and filters).

2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I hate those fucking frogs.

3. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I swear reports are rarely taken seriously. But it's about time if they're stepping up.

Kyle1130 likes this.
  4. Kyle1130

I agree with you 100%. I see so much harassment and racism from both sides. The alt right nazi like trolls can be incredibly grotesque and they should be banned. I also see many racist remarks from Black Lives Matter supporters. I wish we would all realize it's a 2 way street and 1 side is not worse than the other. They all contribute to the problem but it seems like the alt right accounts are the only ones that are rightfully being banned.

emeryk3 likes this.