Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties Put Albums Up as Pay What You Want

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties have put all their music up on Bandcamp as “pay what you want” with all the proceeds going to the ACLU through November 28th.

Through November 28th, the entire Aaron West catalog is available for pay-what-you-want with all of the proceeds donated to the ACLU to help them in their fight to challenge the president elect if and when he attempts to implement any of his unconstitutional campaign promises. For more information, please visit ACLU.org

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Soupy lost his mind over Trump at the Cleveland show a few weeks before the election. Will gladly support this.

3. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Is there a thread that details all the bands currently offering music / merch with proceeds going to charities? I've seen Foxing, Circa Survive, and now Soupy do it within the past few days and I'd love more excuses to keep donating.

coleslawed and Anthony Brooks like this.
  4. btr

Trusted Supporter

The entire Run for Cover label put their albums up for "pay what you want" this past weekend. All of the proceeds went to Planned Parenthood. I think they raised close to $20,000

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  5. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Just bought a tee from Foxing, they are donating proceeds to the ACLU as well!

6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Do they have more than one album?

7. Turkeylegz

Trusted

1 album and an EP. The EP is pretty good!

8. beckerm6

gotta snag the EP its fantastic

9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Add Tiny Engines to the list of labels that has their albums up pay what you want. Money will be donated to Planned Parenthood and SPLC.

Tiny Engines

Derek likes this.
  10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

They also released a cover of The Weakerthans "My Favourite Chords" today, same pay what you want and proceeds to the ACLU deal –

11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Tanner from You Blew It also helped design this shirt and all proceeds go to Planned Parenthood: All Of Us Benefit Tee

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  12. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I saw that! I snagged Modern Baseball and chipped in. The last number I saw was around $7k. That's awesome that they managed to raise that much.

I had no idea about this. Thank you!

KidLightning likes this.