Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Will Pugh Joins Downwrite

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. don't fret

Has anyone purchased one of these? I did one of Max Bemis' and it was a steaming pile of garbage. I'm curious what the quality is and I'm sure it varies by individual.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Probably depends on who you do it with, but Will would do a good job. He is a studio junkie that can play some different instruments. Nick from HTL has done a couple and they turned out well. Two of his examples are on the bottom of this page. Artist Bio

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I got one from Matt Pryor, it was pretty great. It was really short but I did pay for the cheapest option.

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

So is cartel done for good?

6. Michael Schmidt

I would call it more of a hiatus. Will does studio work full time in Nashville from what I heard and the other guys have jobs. They also have families. I think when the time is right they would do another record and different shows periodically. In terms of being a full-time touring band, yeah, I would say that aspect is done. That was why they did the 10-year Chroma shows with their friends and re-worked some of those songs. They wanted to give their fans a proper thank you.

7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

An actual update would have been dope

8. Michael Schmidt

I mean, they have been slowing down since Collider came out. It's not like they toured it heavily or anything. The writing was sort of there. I don't know how much you followed the Chroma 10-year stuff, but they said those would be their last shows for a while. Yeah, they didn't make an official post, but it's not like the band is completely done. There is nothing to report so they haven't reported anything.