Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx – “They”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Fox83

Trusted

Anyone know why this song was released? Is is just a new song that they felt like recording? Is it for a compilation? Does this lead to more new music or even a new album? I mean, I'll take it of course. I'm just inquisitive because the band hasn't been very active in the studio for nearly five years.

Edit: I guess I should have paid attention to the lyrics more. I'm assuming they were just politically motivated and recorded this song in the moment, so to speak. If there's more to this though, I'd still like to know!

3. ianzandi

Regular

They rerecorded the entirety of he Life in General album and sent it to everyone on their newsletter for free about 2 months ago. I think this was just a one-off but I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a new album next year

Fox83 likes this.
  4. thecobrakais

Regular

they sent the song in a newsletter a week or so ago and hinted that new music was coming. nothing specific as to when, but mike is a busy guy. i see him releasing music on some level for many years to come.

Fox83 likes this.
  5. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I actually think this song was inspired by the Walking Dead...there's a Walking Dead shirt they released in conjunction with the song that matches the album artwork...just a guess.

6. thecobrakais

Regular

the artwork does look inspired by that, but read the lyrics. clearly a politically charged song.

7. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I replied to the email they sent with this song asking if this means a new album is coming and they said "We cannot confirm or deny that rumor" so I'm assuming a new album is coming

ianzandi likes this.
  8. ianzandi

Regular

I asked

"
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck Norris?

Sincerely,

Ian Zandi"

Their response is currently pending