Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance Talks Reunion Rumors

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance talked with NME about reunion rumors and the unexpected reaction to their that teaser video they posted earlier this year.

“I feel like that took everybody aback,” Toro told NME about the rumours. “I don’t think we realised how dramatic that teaser trailer was. We were just looking for a cool way to announce the 10th anniversary – and we were all just blown away by the reaction.”

Toro continued: “It makes you feel really good, because you know so many years later your work is still appreciated and it’s finding a new audience. One of the things we hear a lot that is that people who weren’t even born when that album or when the band first started are somehow into us. I remember when I was in high school, listening to The Misfits. You’d never get to see them live back then but it ends up getting passed down and becomes almost mythical in a sense, so I think that’s pretty cool if that does happen with My Chem.”

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Makes sense. Fall Out Boy broke up for 4 years before coming back stronger than ever. MCR will come back and I think there will be an announcement sometime next year.

3. theredline

Trusted Supporter

People who weren't even born? Nine year olds are into them? That seems to be a stretch...

4. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Is it? Nine-year-olds listen to the radio, have Internet access and could easily find a band like My Chemical Romance through any number of groups - Twenty One Pilots, Green Day, Panic!, Blink, Fall Out Boy, etc. that still get radio play.

coleslawed and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  5. Kuri44

Yeah that seems believable.. I was 8 when I got Enema of the state

aniafc likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

I think I was into music when I was 9.

aniafc, beachdude42 and FrankieThe4th like this.
  7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I heard Three Cheers when I was 12, and coincidentally it's 12 years old. Anything can happen

8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I have an eight year old daughter and while I've exposed her to stuff I like she's no where near the point of exploring and finding her own stuff. I guess every kid is different but it's hard to imagine a second grader intentionally looking for that stuff!

Not to mention I don't feel like I was into stuff for real until maybe sometime in high school. I guess I'm a late bloomer or was just a nerd...and those were different times (says the grandpa 38 year old)!

9. aniafc

Trusted

I went to my first warped tour when I was 8 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Not really saying too much but at least it leaves it a little more open than "never happening". I don't think it's going to be within the next few years though, unfortunately, as much as I'd want that to happen.

I was pretty disappointed to see that not one of the band members acknowledged TBP's 10 year anniversary on or around the date.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Always felt left out that these guys weren't a fav of mine. Like some of their songs, but never faves

Amber likes this.
  12. ManBearPuig

I still think they are going to play with Thursday at their sold out Starland date.

13. Behind the Barricade

I'm still holding out hope! Haha

14. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Frank Iero was injured in that bus crash situation a few weeks ago and canceled the rest of his tour dates the rest of the year, so that would likely put a damper on that.

With Frank just having released his 2nd solo album and Ray about to release his soon, doesn't seem likely on the timing that anything MCR related could happen soon.

15. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Too soon for a reunion and this is coming from someone who has a lot of love for this band. Wait like ten more years and then it'll feel like something really special.

First show I ever went to was Green Day and MCR opened. They were still touring on Three Cheers, decked out with the bullet proof vests and shit. Life changing musical experience right there.

heymattrick likes this.
  16. Behind the Barricade

There's always a window with this. If they're not back in 5, there's no point getting back together. 10 is way too long to wait.

17. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Alright then 7 more years

18. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Never saw these guys live, would love to see a reunion one day.

19. Mikey Strawz

You're a classic, like a little black dress. Prestigious

Young kids love MCR.. If you walked around a middle school or high school and asked kids which band from the emo/pop/punk/rock/2000's era they like the most, MCR is astoundingly in the Top 3ish. It's really amazing.