Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World – “My Enemy”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jimmy Eat World have released their b-side “My Enemy” for the “30 Days, 30 Songs” project.

There are dangerous and very real consequences for using fear of “The Other” to motivate a potential electorate. While that’s nothing new in politics, what is newly alarming in context of the current presidential campaign is how seemingly effective that strategy has been for a certain candidate. That candidate used the low-hanging fruit of fearmongering to gain his initial momentum…and continues to employ variations of it to sustain his place. The only way to steel yourself against that kind of manipulation is to do the real self-work in discovering and letting go of your own fears. While that pursuit is difficult because it means fighting against your own ego, it remains worth the effort – not just for what it can do for us as individuals but even more for what it can do for our collective society. Are you willing to accept that maybe, just possibly what you feel as a threat, isn’t?

Please vote.

2. johnsin1001

Paid for by the Democratic National Committee...

3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Pretty good song. I definitely think they made the right choice replacing it with Through for Integrity Blues.

emeryk3 likes this.
  4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

What??? No way!!!

5. devenstonow

Noobie

it's a banger

6. Aww yiss. Jimmy b-sides are always great. Wasn't sure they had it in them to hit that hard anymore. Me gusta.

7. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Is this up to download in FLAC (or MP3 I guess) anywhere? Love this song, wish it made the album!

8. I had to rip it from Youtube (terrible quality, I know). It's a b-side on the Sure and Certain 7". I couldn't find an MP3 anywhere.

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This song fucking rules.

10. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I love it.

11. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

I think Through is the better song but I wish this had still stayed on the album. I think it would've gone great after Get Right.

12. JohnR831

Regular

Weird is was available on iTunes on Friday, but now it's not there anymore. If you PM me your email addresses, I can send you the download!

13. jeff.dart

Regular

You must not have been around for Futures.

David Parke and AshlandATeam like this.
  14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Far less direct than I expected but still great, as always.

15. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

...that is one hell of a paragraph. I've never heard it put better.

Really enjoy Death Cab's song for this compilation.