Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Cover Julien Baker Live

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brand New covered Julien Baker’s “Sprained Ankle” at their show last night. A fan-shot video has been uploaded to YouTube.

2. ArsonHoliday

No sir, I don't like it

Perfect song for them to cover. That Julien Baker is quite the talent.

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

yes please

4. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

The second I heard Sprained Ankle last year, I know 2016 was going to be monumental for her. Saw her play in April in Indy and got to chat with her after the show. Such a genuine person. Gave it all on the stage and even more to people wanting to chat/take photos/etc after the show. So happy for her continued success. The world needs more artists like Julien Baker.

5. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

This is just so cool.

6. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

this is the coolest thing i have ever seen

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

so good. i wouldn't be surprised if julien whips out a brand new cover in response. what would you guys like to hear her do, if that were the case?

8. CMilliken

Trusted

Great cover. Laughed when I heard multiple people wondering if it was a new song.

9. So so cool. It must be so awesome and surreal for Julien to be playing with and being covered by some of her favorite artists just a year after releasing her debut.

sureinporcelain and CMilliken like this.
  10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I NEED the audio for this

11. Rushmore33

Created specifically for this site it seems. Brilliant. I feel sad for the dudes who can be heard like "omg this is new!"

12. Kristen

Regular

That would be awesome, as I'm set to see her this Tuesday. I think Sowing Season would be cool to hear her perform

fadingfast and coleslawed like this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, I would have loved to see that live. Julien Baker has real talent, so it's cool to see her work is appreciated by her peers.

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

my world just exploded.

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

This is so cool, and it has to feel so massive to her.

16. isthsthngloaded

this news got single handedly got me to sign up for chorus.fm just to say this is awesome. This Is Awesome. two of the best

Turkeylegz, coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

have tried unsuccessfully to get into her music, this will prompt me to try again.

18. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Vices

Jamie Dagg likes this.
  19. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Was immediately thinking it'd be hilarious seeing her doing a note-for-note cover of this, but I could see her reworking it into something really awesome if she did it.

Spencer Rhoton likes this.
  20. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I would have also been the "is this new??" Guy... never got the full-on obsession with her enough to remember this song after a few listens.

21. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Gotta give her another chance...she's incredible. Watch her Audiotree session on youtube and you'll prob be hooked.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Same here. Totally would have thought this was new.

23. joshuaharris

So awesome.

24. JohnR831

Regular

I love it. I'm so happy to see her so accepted and embraced by so many musicians I adore. She's such a talent, and I hope her success continues to grow!

25. Dannynat88

Was at this show and was guilty of thinking it might be new and shortly realized what song it was. Amazing concert!

Turkeylegz likes this.