Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beyoncé – “Daddy Lessons” (feat. Dixie Chicks)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

judging by the name only i am down to listen to this.

3. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Obsessed with this. Heard the Dixie Chicks cover it on their tour this summer, so it's pretty awesome Beyoncé took notice and recorded this with them.

JohnR831 likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Wouldn't Bey or her management/label need to approve of them playing the cover on tour anyway? I thought (moreso for larger tours) a band needs to get it approved, but I'm not certain.

5. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Oh I have no clue how the music industry works, I just meant like Bey obviously liked it enough to go to the CMAs which is totally not her demographic.

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Really fucking good

7. DearCory

Regular

Original is great. This collab is great as well.
    It's all good good

8. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Shoulda covered Cowboy by Kid Rock instead IMO

Arry and Schooner like this.
  9. No. To cover a song live, the venue just needs to have PRO licensing (which almost all major venues do), not permission from the original artist or anyone on their team.

10. JohnR831

Regular

This is fantastic!

I saw them play it over the summer as well! Such a great show. They're as on top of their game as ever, if not more!

11. Schooner

Trusted

Seeing Dixies in April! Facebook went nuts about this cover. Good to see the DCs back in the public eye again