Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Grab Number Song on Alternative Songs Chart

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day have grabbed their 10th number one song on the Billboard alternative charts with “Bang Bang.”

With the coronation, Green Day ties Foo Fighters for the third-most leaders in the chart’s 28-year history. Red Hot Chili Peppers lead with 13, followed by Linkin Park, with 11.

StoJa9 likes this.
  2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

That's awesome. For whatever reason I felt like the song never really took off .

3. tomtom94

Trusted

Good for them. It's *ahem* a banger.

artbynickferran likes this.
  4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Minneapolis radio is lame. Never hear this at all.

5. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

I feel like they could definitely go for the record. RHCP and Linkin Park haven't been putting out huge singles for a hot minute. But then again, until Revolution Radio, neither had Green Day.

6. BradBradley

Regular

I started to type out a snarky "Oh yeah, the response to American Idiot was really understated" until after a quick google search I realized that it was released twelve years ago. Man, I'm old and out of touch... Today, I realize that I'm the musical equivalent of Grandpa Simpson.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  7. StoJa9

Regular

WTF are you talking about? I hear it on THREE stations literally 2x-3x a DAY. It's on 93X, The Alt, and GO 96.3.

8. DallasSF

My dude Miles has it playing 30+ times a week on Go 96.3.

StoJa9 likes this.
  9. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I guess it must be that I don't actually listen to the radio that much....but I thought I'd at least stumble on it here and there!

10. StoJa9

Regular

Hold on...first you lament never hearing it on the radio...then follow it up by saying you don't even listen to the radio very much anyways? My head hurts.

duritzfan13 likes this.