Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Smiths Nearly Reunited in 2008

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Johnny Marr talks with The Guardian about how The Smiths almost reunited in 2008:

The drinks kept coming and we sat talking for hours. We chatted, as we always did, about the records we loved, and eventually we moved on to “that subject”. There had been rumours for years that the Smiths were about to re-form, and they were always untrue. I had never pursued any offer.

Suddenly we were talking about the possibility of the band re-forming, and in that moment it seemed that with the right intention it could actually be done and might even be great. I would still work with the Cribs on our album, and Morrissey also had an album due out. We hung out for a while longer, and after even more orange juice (for me) and even more beer (for him) we hugged and said our goodbyes.

2. AEB

Ya don't need it Moz

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think a lot of others do though. If they did reunite, I cannot imagine how amazing it would be and the massive hysteria.