Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AFI to Release New Album in January, Stream New Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

AFI will release AFI (The Blood Album) on January 20th, 2017. They’ve released two new songs “Snow Cats” and “White Offerings.”

Track Listing

1. Dark Snow
    2. Still A Stranger
    3. Aurelia
    4. Hidden Knives
    5. Get Hurt
    6. Above The Bridge
    7. So Beneath You
    8. Snow Cats
    9. Dumb Kids
    10. Pink Eyes
    11. Feed From The Floor
    12. White Offerings
    13. She Speaks The Language
    14. The Wind That Carries Me Away

[​IMG]

2. dzyjay

Regular

Label? Not sure if hopeless was confirmed. Stoked on this! Burials was awesome.

3. celluloid dreams

Regular

[​IMG]

4. sukottokairu

Regular

not sure how i feel about the new songs... but seems to be better than the last two albums so far.

5. Pretty sure it's getting the "Nitro" branding from Concord, but I could be wrong.

6. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I like Snow Cats more than White Offerings but both tracks are pretty great.

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Both songs are good. I have to say I like White Offerings a bit more as it's got that classic AFI sound/feel to it.

8. love the album title

9. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

That's cool they're covering a Gaslight Anthem song. About time.

stuckinvhs and Michael Schmidt like this.
  10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Dig the songs, album title, and song titles. Very very excited.

11. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

So far so good. Would definitely likely catch them on a headline tour once they go out on the road. I've seen them many times open for bigger bands (Green Day, Linkin Park) but never their own show and would like to check a full set out where people in the crowd actually come to see them.

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

iTunes just says "Concord Music Group, Inc." Probably going to be on the physical releases if that's the case, though. That's pretty damn awesome.

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I really like "White Offerings." Has some serious Sing The Sorrow vibes to it. "Snow Cats" is good too. I haven't really loved anything they've done since Sing The Sorrow but I'm going to check this out regardless because AFI.

14. ZeoVGM

Regular

The new songs are great, especially "Snow Cats."

Truthfully though, this band does no wrong. Not a bad album yet.

15. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Wow, was not expecting to enjoy these as much as I do. Looking forward to an AFI album for the first time in nearly a decade

16. so yeah both these songs fucking rule

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Call me a wuss, but I'm crying. This is a return to form for my favorite band. If these are singles, watch out b/c AFI usually saves their best for the album(excluding the best AFI song, Love Like Winter). Saw Blaqk Audio in May and I've seen too many bands. To be that close to Davey and Jade was surreal. Rock gods right there in a small venue. Watch my video for Again, Again and Again if you want. Davey was in top gear that night.

18. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

Very excited. AFI has had held a special place for for over 12 years now and I'm always interested to see the direction they go in. I noticed with the song lengths there are a lot that are under 3 minutes which makes me feel like they'll be heavier, but obviously I have no idea. Looking forward to January.

19. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Sing The Sorrow was huge for me but after that not so much...this seems like it could bring be back in. Hope so!

20. Myles Griffin

Pre-orders for vinyl are now up on their website. 4 different color styles/blood types. Each is limited to 500. Pretty rad design.

21. myawrld

Regular

22. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Gonna say Universal, as they've now blocked White Offerings from being playable.

23. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Any link for White Offerings? Snow Cats is the fucking shit. Very STS vibes.

I don't like bands rehashing old sounds, but there's a difference with them. Their peak is too high not to try to and repeat again.

24. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

They're both up on Spotify, so there's that.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  25. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Snow Cats rules. White Offerings says it's blocked in my country? Uhhh, I live in the US. I don't think I am wherever it thinks I am. Haha.