Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Refused – “Servants Of Death”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Refused will release their new EP, Servants of Death, on November 25th. You can find more information, and stream the title track, below.

Swedish avant-punk heroes Refused will release their new EP Servants of Death on November 25th. Arriving on Record Store Day – Back to Black Friday, Servants of Death includes several live tracks captured during Refused’s recent tours.
    Along with two ferocious studio tracks “Servants of Death” and “Stolen Voices”, an unreleased song from the Freedom recording session which was only available on the Japanese version of the album. Additionally, the Servants of Death EP features four masterful live performances from Refused’s 2015 European tour. The live material includes the iconic title track from their massively influential The Shape of Punk to Come, as well as a captivating rendition of the 1998 album’s epic “Tannhäuser / Derivé.” With its live tracks recorded in Hamburg, Germany, and in Antwerp, Belgium, Servants of Death was mixed by Don Alsterberg and mastered by Hans Olsson Brookes.

In August, Refused released the video for Servants of Death’s title track. Directed by Jakob Avrevarn, “Servants of Death” features exhilarating live footage shot by tour manager Robin Laananen.

Servants of Death marks the follow-up to 2015’s Freedom, praised as Refused’s “most electrifying and propulsive record to date” by Rolling Stone. After making their unexpected return with Freedom—their first album in 17 years—Refused took on a rigorous touring schedule that included a headlining tour with Plague Vendor and a support slot with Deftones, as well as performances at Riot Fest Denver and Chicago in 2016.

Track Listing

1. Servants Of Death
    2. Stolen Voices
    3. Thought is Blood (live)
    4. Dawkins Christ (live)
    5. The Shape of Punk to Come (live)
    6. Tannhäuser / Derivé (live)

2. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yay! Refused kicks ass. Anyone have anything to add?

Bartek T. likes this.
  3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Love Refused, but man Freedom was so boring

Fucking Dustin and ConArdist like this.
  4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I won't argue, I liked it, but I kinda forced myself to like it. One day it just kinda clicked. I wanna see them live so badly.

5. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

I thought it was pretty good. I didn't think it was boring. It had some good energetic moments here and there and they took a chance or two that I thought was at least interesting.

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah I just thought it fell flat for the most part. I really liked Elektra, but I'm more interested to hear where they would have went if they didn't have as much outside influence (Shellback, etc.). Glad you enjoy it though, and they rip hard live so everyone should go see them.

SoundInTheSignals likes this.
  7. hoodrat

Regular

Best live band.

8. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Freedom was alright. More than anything it left me wanting a new album by The (International) Noise Conspiracy.

Dean, I Am Mick and KidLightning like this.
  9. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

I dont get the hate for Freedom. I loved it.

Elektra is a phenomenal live opener.

10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yes, very true. Not a single bad moment at all, but certain parts made you sit up and take notice.

SoundInTheSignals likes this.
  11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Glad it's gonna have a b-side on it, can't wait to hear it!

12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Love this band Freedom had some solid songs mainly the opener.

Refused aren't dead!

13. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Hey dude. Long time no see.