Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me The Horizon Release Live Version of “Doom”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. testtime

Regular

finally they're giving this song love. It was easily my favorite on the album.

and the song is called "doomed"

3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah it's Doomed

4. LightsOut

Regular

Oli is good when he stay pretty quiet,with a backtrack and with 20-25 others voices

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This is so good since we can't hear Oil haha. still doesn't take away from the good songwriting in the song.

LightsOut likes this.
  6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Is this whole concert like this with the orchestra?

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yep, There's a ton of YouTube videos. Really cool show.

truelovewaits likes this.
  8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Thanks! It's coming out on DVD too, right?

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

truelovewaits likes this.
  10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

That was good i must say

11. Sander

kflkmflkm

combining orchestra with rock has never worked. I love the song but this sucked.

12. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

I was going to reply with positive intent, but then I looked at your other posts. Free knowledge

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Thought this was pretty good!

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Album was such a huge step down for them, but it's cool that it enabled them to do this.

I'm hoping since he had all the marriage issues lately, that the new album is going to be a little heavier again, I really think they had a great and relatively unique sound for those last two albums, and I'd like to see it return that way.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I didn't care that it wasn't heavier (the best songs on the album are the least heavy), but the cock rock approach to their heavier stuff really suffered.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's The Spirit is just really.. not good. Especially after their fantastic last two records. This song, however, is pretty rad along with "Avalanche"/"Happy Song"/"Follow You"/"What You Need" but yeah.

17. testtime

Regular

liking 5 songs on a 10 song album(11 if you count drown which I don't) would make for a pretty decent album. Personally haven't like 5+ songs on an album in years.

On another note, I can't tell the difference between the two versions of Drown.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's fair but on the other hand, the songs I like off Spirit still are just ok songs with pretty bad lyrics (even for BMTH). I don't think they're anywhere as good as Sempiternal or There is a Hell..

That's a legit bummer you haven't liked 5 songs in an album in years man.

testtime likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

It would pain me if I haven't liked an entire album since I was 18

20. Eric

Regular

You just named six songs as rad after saying the album isn't good...

Edit: Just saw someone already pointed this out

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well I meant to refer the rad part to "Doomed" and the others listed as alright as well. I should have said "Rad but still just alright songs compared to their last two records" instead. My bad.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Did his marriage end already??

23. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Oh, just beautiful. Simon Dobson did amazing arrangements for the orchestral bits. I just couldn't give him enough compliments on Twitter. Did Jordan write any of the classical parts?

24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

BMTH live releases are always pushed back. I pledged for the photobook, because it's a great cause and okay, maybe I wanted to see my name in the credits. I won't sleep right until it's in my hands.

25. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Love it, and what's even better is that it took me about twenty spins before it hit me how great Doomed is. Seeing it live in Denver really just nailed the feelz, too.