Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends – “Mess” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I like this band far more than I should. They're quite lame, but sometimes I just wanna jam to some overly sappy pop-punk, and this hits that spot.

Song is also one of my favourites on the album.

CMilliken likes this.
  3. Michael Buffone

Sometimes you need some overly sappy pop-punk. Sing It Loud is that band for me. Fucking love those guys.

4. SundayDrive555

Newbie Supporter

These guys sort of are like a TSL reincarnate. Cool by me. Great song/ album.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Have you heard their cover of Island? I like it a lot

CMilliken and kidinthebushes like this.
  6. That video is adorable, and this is one of their absolute best songs. I just really want this band to stop perpetuating the sadboy theme.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I like the song and the video.

8. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

My knees are so bony and my eyes are so sleepy after watching this video.

slimfenix182 and Turkeylegz like this.
  9. CMilliken Oct 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

Cool video. Love me some Real Friends and I don't care how unpopular that is on this site.

10. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

kyle thrash is top titty

11. kylethrash

12. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I really wish they'd just cover TSL songs live because I'd love them if that were the case. Ever since I first heard them I have said they sounded kinda like TSL to me. If Dan cut back on his weird Dan-isms I'd probably love Real Friends. If they were a TSL cover band I'd see them every time they came by.

13. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

OH!! Thank you so much for this, I've been trying to remember the name of the band with that great "summery" album from a few years back. I've tried figuring out the name for the last few months, and now you said it! Sing It Loud.. Thanks!

Michael Buffone likes this.
  14. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

They are definitely derivative of TSL but haven't even come close to me except for a few songs on that EP 5 or 6 years ago. I keep wanting to like RF but they just do nothing for me at all despite their influences. Their lyrical themes might have resonated with me if they had been around 13 years ago but their contemporaries (TWY) are just blowing them out of the water.

I'd love for them to surprise me with a mature release.

15. Michael Buffone

Friggin' wonderful "summery" feel. They always got me pumped up and dancing to do stuff for the day; even if that stuff was just cleaning my bedroom.

morken likes this.
  16. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I was really hoping this last album would do that for me. A lot of people seem to think they're offensively bad, and I don't agree with that at all - but the lyrical themes and forced vocal melodies are bothersome and I wish I liked them more, because the musicianship and Dan's voice are great. I would say "they're still so young," but it feels weird to me when the nearly 30 year old lyricist writes things like, "I'm just a kid..." so I won't. That being said, I hope they improve.